Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit processor

64 bit processor

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

I am building a gaming computer using a amd64 x2 duel core processor and I
would like to know if i should use the 64 bit vista os .

S.SubZero

This will depend heavily on the games you intend to play, and the
amount of RAM and other components you plan to use.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Steve:
You can install Vista x64 but the real question is whether you should or not.
You will have to do your homework by checking the websites of the games you
intend to run on it and see if they are Vista x64 compatible or there are
patches/updates that make the game playable.
Most of the new games run with no problems but you may experiment some
issues with older games.
Then again, do your research before jumping into conclusions.
Also make sure that your graphic card will have the muscle to deal with
those games.
Also take into account that 1 gigabyte of system RAM is the absolute minimum
for gaming pleasure.
Carlos

"Steve" wrote:

> I am building a gaming computer using a amd64 x2 duel core processor and I
> would like to know if i should use the 64 bit vista os .

=?Utf-8?B?cmljOTI2?=

not to mention that there is the orig win64 that has been out for a bit and
may have more support (drivers,etc) personally i wouldnt buy vista until
service pack 1 for vista comes out!
--
rf

"Steve" wrote:

> I am building a gaming computer using a amd64 x2 duel core processor and I
> would like to know if i should use the 64 bit vista os .

Charlie Russel - MVP

Actually, driver support for Vista is a bit better in some ways than XP x64.
For gaming? I'd use Vista.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"ric926" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> not to mention that there is the orig win64 that has been out for a bit
> and
> may have more support (drivers,etc) personally i wouldnt buy vista until
> service pack 1 for vista comes out!
> --
> rf
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
>> I am building a gaming computer using a amd64 x2 duel core processor and
>> would like to know if i should use the 64 bit vista os .

=?Utf-8?B?cmljOTI2?=

does not supprise me, i'm lnot a gammer and was dissapointed when win64 didnt
catch on, microsoft is still trying to get rid of the orig limitations of
dos, i have a copy of win64 and a amd laptop but just never got around to
installing it, but bill is pushing vista so that is where the driver support
will be, it always goes back to the
HCL list!
--
rf

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Actually, driver support for Vista is a bit better in some ways than XP x64.
> For gaming? I'd use Vista.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "ric926" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > not to mention that there is the orig win64 that has been out for a bit
> > and
> > may have more support (drivers,etc) personally i wouldnt buy vista until
> > service pack 1 for vista comes out!
> > --
> > rf
> >

> > "Steve" wrote:
> >
> >> I am building a gaming computer using a amd64 x2 duel core processor and
> >> would like to know if i should use the 64 bit vista os .

Clayton

Correct, a push forward