Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox drop down URL problem

Firefox drop down URL problem

Cullen Skink

Hi all
I had a quick scan of the newsgroup and couldn't see this mentioned.

If I type a previously visited URL into the address bar, the full URL
drops down when I start typing. All standard stuff. However sometimes
when I click on the drop down URL rather than typing it all in, Firefox
goes to a site which is made up only of the partially typed bit. I'm
pretty sure I am clicking on the full URL that has dropped down!

Anyone else found this?

gwtc

Cullen Skink wrote:

> Hi all
> I had a quick scan of the newsgroup and couldn't see this mentioned.
>
> If I type a previously visited URL into the address bar, the full URL
> drops down when I start typing. All standard stuff. However sometimes
> when I click on the drop down URL rather than typing it all in, Firefox
> goes to a site which is made up only of the partially typed bit. I'm
> pretty sure I am clicking on the full URL that has dropped down!
>
> Anyone else found this?

instead of using the mouse, try using the arrow keys instead.

And for your info, there are other newsgroups that you can access for
more user support. They are:

All other products

MOZILLA: The Mozilla Suite (Thunderbird and Firefox users, please
subscribe there!)

The Seamonkey project (suite continuation)

FIREFOX: "Browser only" application.

THUNDERBIRD: "eMail only" application.

Other Groups of Interest:

FOR TESTING THINGS:
To test anything on your eMailer or Browser (HTML stuff, graphics etc)
use these Test groups

Only group which allows non-plaintext posting

NETSCAPE 8: (this is a BROWSER ONLY application - no eMail/News)
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape8.windows

NETSCAPE 7: NS 7.0 - 7.2
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.windows
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.macintosh
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape7.unix

NETSCAPE 6:
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape6.windows
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape6.macintosh
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.netscape6.unix

Netscape Communicator: (the NG for Netscape 4.** users)
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.communicator
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.communicator.mac
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.communicator.unix

Cullen Skink

"gwtc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dqc5k8$l9d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cullen Skink wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> I had a quick scan of the newsgroup and couldn't see this mentioned.
>>
>> If I type a previously visited URL into the address bar, the full URL
>> drops down when I start typing. All standard stuff. However
>> sometimes when I click on the drop down URL rather than typing it all
>> in, Firefox goes to a site which is made up only of the partially
>> typed bit. I'm pretty sure I am clicking on the full URL that has
>> dropped down!
>>
>> Anyone else found this?

> instead of using the mouse, try using the arrow keys instead.

Thanks, will do however if it doesn't do it when using the arrows does
that help with the main problem as I would prefer to use the mouse!

> And for your info, there are other newsgroups that you can access for
> more user support. They are:

<snip>

Many thanks