Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Something I noticed

Something I noticed

History Fan

I noticed a very minor 'glitch?' with Firefox and wanted to ask about
it.

I'm using FF 1.5 on my XP Home SP2 computer, and I recently set FF to
be the default browser. After doing so, I clicked the Start button,
Favorites Menu, and noticed that the listings there didn't have the Firefox
icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of FF would change those
icons once it was set to be the default browser. Is this the same for
everyone?

Leonidas Jones

History Fan wrote:
> I noticed a very minor 'glitch?' with Firefox and wanted to ask about
> it.
>
> I'm using FF 1.5 on my XP Home SP2 computer, and I recently set FF to
> be the default browser. After doing so, I clicked the Start button,
> Favorites Menu, and noticed that the listings there didn't have the Firefox
> icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of FF would change those
> icons once it was set to be the default browser. Is this the same for
> everyone?

No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.

Lee

Aido

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> History Fan wrote:
>
>> I noticed a very minor 'glitch?' with Firefox and wanted to ask
>> about it.
>>
>> I'm using FF 1.5 on my XP Home SP2 computer, and I recently set
>> FF to be the default browser. After doing so, I clicked the Start
>> button, Favorites Menu, and noticed that the listings there didn't
>> have the Firefox icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of
>> FF would change those icons once it was set to be the default
>> browser. Is this the same for everyone?
>>

> No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.
>
> Lee

Mine is doing the same for some icons but not others.
Beside the Start button I have Quick Launch Buttons, Even though all the
Internet shortcut buttons are from FF, Some have an IE icon.

Aido. >

History Fan

> No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.

How do you fix that? I've noticed this glitch the last 2-3 times
I've installed Firefox.

Leonidas Jones

History Fan wrote:
>> No, its a system icon cache problem, most likely.
>>

> How do you fix that? I've noticed this glitch the last 2-3 times
> I've installed Firefox.

Try Control Panel>>Folder Options>>File Types

Scroll down and associate both htm and html files with Firefox.

If its not this we refresh the icon cache.

Lee

History Fan

> Try Control Panel>>Folder Options>>File Types
>
> Scroll down and associate both htm and html files with Firefox.
>
> If its not this we refresh the icon cache.

Both htm and html are associated with Firefox. How do you
"refresh the icon cache?"

History Fan

I just installed TweakUI for XP, and tried the "rebuild icons"
feature. But that didn't change anything.

"History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:68341$43c98517$48311160$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I noticed a very minor 'glitch?' with Firefox and wanted to ask about
> it.
>
> I'm using FF 1.5 on my XP Home SP2 computer, and I recently set FF to
> be the default browser. After doing so, I clicked the Start button,
> Favorites Menu, and noticed that the listings there didn't have the
> Firefox icon. Still using the IE icon. Earlier versions of FF would
> change those icons once it was set to be the default browser. Is this the
> same for everyone?

Leonidas Jones

History Fan wrote:
>> Try Control Panel>>Folder Options>>File Types
>>
>> Scroll down and associate both htm and html files with Firefox.
>>
>> If its not this we refresh the icon cache.
>>

> Both htm and html are associated with Firefox. How do you
> "refresh the icon cache?"

It varies by OS.

http://www.google.com/search?q=icon+...n-US:-official

Lee