Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Why cant TB1.5 download a message a second time?

Why cant TB1.5 download a message a second time?

norm

Download a message but left it on server.

Deleted from inbox.

Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.

Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.

Why?

Thanks
norm

Moz Champion (Dan)

norm wrote:

>Download a message but left it on server.
>
>Deleted from inbox.
>
>Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
>
>Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
>
>Why?
>
>Thanks
>norm

POP or IMAP server?
Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?

norm

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:26:48 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>norm wrote:
>
>>Download a message but left it on server.
>>
>>Deleted from inbox.
>>
>>Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
>>
>>Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
>>
>>Why?
>>
>>Thanks
>>norm
>>

>POP or IMAP server?
>Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?

Pop +is set to leave message on server; the message is still there as
confirmed by Pegasus.
All very strange!
Norm

Leonidas Jones

norm wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:26:48 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> norm wrote:
>>
>>> Download a message but left it on server.
>>>
>>> Deleted from inbox.
>>>
>>> Tried to download header but TB says no mail there.
>>>
>>> Yes I checked the mail was still on the server using Pegasus.
>>>
>>> Why?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> norm
>>>

>> POP or IMAP server?
>> Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?

> Pop +is set to leave message on server; the message is still there as
> confirmed by Pegasus.
> All very strange!
> Norm

No it isn't. If you have set TB to leave messages on the server and TB
has downloaded a copy, TB will ignore it for future downloads. If it did
not, you would multiple copies of every message.

If your ISP has a web interface for mail, go to it and try marking the
mail as unread. See if TB will download them then.

Lee

norm

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 05:06:44 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>norm wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:26:48 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> POP or IMAP server?
>>> Is Thunderbird set to leave messages on server?

>> Pop +is set to leave message on server; the message is still there as
>> confirmed by Pegasus.
>> All very strange!
>> Norm

>No it isn't. If you have set TB to leave messages on the server and TB
>has downloaded a copy, TB will ignore it for future downloads. If it did
>not, you would multiple copies of every message.

Not so, am only downloading messages of approved headers. Also leave
some on server for backup. Basically TB is not doing what I ask it
to,Pegasus mail is better here!!!