Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Internet Connection Sharing Problem!

Wireless Internet Connection Sharing Problem!

=?Utf-8?B?QWFyb24=?=

I have connected a PC that uses a dial-up connection to a wireless router via
a regular LAN connection...

My laptop connects to the network with a wireless PCMCIA card...

Both computers recognize each other well... they can file share and print
share...

The laptop SAYS it has an internet connection (it calls it an Internet
Gateway) when the PC is online... it just can't actually access the internet.

I followed Microsoft Knowledge Base Article ID : 306126 about internet
connection sharing exactly.
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us;306126#4)

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Why won't my laptop talk to the internet?

I followed MS Knowledge base

peter

try this
http://www.homenethelp.com/connection-sharing.asp
peter
"Aaron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have connected a PC that uses a dial-up connection to a wireless router via
> a regular LAN connection...
>
> My laptop connects to the network with a wireless PCMCIA card...
>
> Both computers recognize each other well... they can file share and print
> share...
>
> The laptop SAYS it has an internet connection (it calls it an Internet
> Gateway) when the PC is online... it just can't actually access the internet.
>
> I followed Microsoft Knowledge Base Article ID : 306126 about internet
> connection sharing exactly.
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us;306126#4)
>
> Can anyone tell me what is going on? Why won't my laptop talk to the internet?
>
> I followed MS Knowledge base

Jack

Hi

May be this can Help.

Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a Router -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...wman_02april08.
mspx?pf=trueHi

Jack (MVP-Networking).