Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Just got two emails: 1. your request for a new Access Code and 2. Request for my MCP ID# What's going on??!!

Just got two emails: 1. your request for a new Access Code and 2. Request for my MCP ID# What's going on??!!

belfast-biker

Just got two emails: 1. your request for a new Access Code and 2.
Request for my MCP ID# What's going on??!!

1.
Hello Paul,
Thank you for writing us.
We kindly ask you to follow the instructions below.
To access your MCP Secure Site please go to:
https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

Once you have arrived at the site, you will click on "Sign In" and
enter your Passport e-mail address and your password. Click on the
"Ok" button. Please confirm that you are a Microsoft Certified
Professional (?Yes?) and click on ?next?.

In the migration page, enter the following information:

MCP ID: <whatever>
Access Code: <whatever>
Note: This code will expire within the next seven days.
<etc>

2.
This mail has been sent to you by your request for a new Access Code.
The Access Code will allow you to access the private Microsoft
Certified Professional (MCP) Member site. You may access the MCP
Member site by going to https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp and following
the instructions below.

Before you can access the MCP Member site, you will be asked to enter
your existing Microsoft .NET Passport account information, or to
create a new .NET Passport account, and follow these simple steps:

1. Enter your Passport Sign In name and your password and then click
Sign In.

2. Fill in your Microsoft MCP ID and Access Code:
<etc>

Anyone else get similar? Obviously, I didn't follow the link, and
I've not requested any details from MS.

I just logged into the MCP site manually, and everything seems fine.