Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > How to determine a DVD release

How to determine a DVD release

Phisherman

Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

xeaglecrest@att.net

Phisherman wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
> released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

Here's one:
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com/DVDList2.php

Stan Brown

Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:51:45 GMT from Phisherman <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
> released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/indexA.shtml

It will tell you upcoming release dates as well as currently released
DVDs.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Kimba W. Lion

Phisherman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
>released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

Stan Brown

Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:54 -0400 from <Kimba W. Lion <kimbawlion>>:
> Phisherman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
> >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

> amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
rather unlikely.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Justin

Stan Brown wrote on [Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:34:36 -0400]:
> Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:54 -0400 from <Kimba W. Lion <kimbawlion>>:
>> Phisherman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
>> >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

>> amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

> Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
> has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
> the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
> rather unlikely.

There's not much Amazon doesn't sell.

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:34:36 -0400, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:54 -0400 from <Kimba W. Lion <kimbawlion>>:
>> Phisherman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
>> >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

>> amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

>Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
>has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
>the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
>rather unlikely.

You cannot "rent it" via download if it isn't out yet.

Another benefit is that they discount your rentals. I got $2.00 off on
Shooter, and the next one I "DL'd" was free, despite it showing a price.

Amazon also got the best ratings from the mags for downloadable media.

Many want subscription fees as well as the rental price.

Kimba W. Lion

Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
>has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
>the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
>rather unlikely.

If it's been out on DVD but now out of print, amazon will still have it in
their database, and chances are someone will be selling a used copy of it.