Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > transcender v measureup

transcender v measureup

BINZA@

Thought I was ready to book my 70-284 exchange 2003 exam after getting 100%
on my transcender preps and noticed that I had a free disk with my MS
Training kit containing a free measureup exam prep with 300 questions. These
questions are mind blowingly difficult and twisted, I am only getting 50%
average on these questions, does anyone have an opinion on the relativity of
these questions in relation to real test as I was hoping to take test in a
couple of days but will need a couple of weeks if I take measurup seriously.
Thanks

Patrick Dickey

BINZA@ wrote:
> Thought I was ready to book my 70-284 exchange 2003 exam after getting 100%
> on my transcender preps and noticed that I had a free disk with my MS
> Training kit containing a free measureup exam prep with 300 questions. These
> questions are mind blowingly difficult and twisted, I am only getting 50%
> average on these questions, does anyone have an opinion on the relativity of
> these questions in relation to real test as I was hoping to take test in a
> couple of days but will need a couple of weeks if I take measurup seriously.
> Thanks

I would suggest reading through the posts about people's opinions about
trancenders and other 'braindumps' as they refer to them. The Microsoft
ones will be closer to the actual exams, simply because they are the
ones who created the standards.

Instead of wasting your money on trancenders, I would have recommended
buying Virtual Server 2005 R2, and getting some evaluation copies of
Windows Server 2003 (R2 is out now, and I can say it's good). Then, I
would have started playing around with a network. In fact, there's
still time.. Virtual Server is $99.00 (or $129.00 possibly) and you can
get an evaluation copy of both it, and Windows Server 2003 at
Microsoft's website.

You're going to quickly find out (probably on Tuesday) that it's better
to get the Microsoft books, and actually create the test situations,
then to try and memorize the answers using Trancenders and other
'braindumps'. For one, you'll remember the information that you put
into practice a long time after the exam. For another, you'll actually
have EXPERIENCE with how the information actually works (albeit not
documented experience) that will help you if you get an IT job.

Just my two cents worth..

As for being ready to take the tests in a couple of days, I have to say
this... If you can't pull of at least a passing score on any practice
exam (be it Microsoft's trancenders, or another one) that you try out,
you're not ready. I would wait the couple of weeks (or longer, if you
decide to set up the test labs and practice), rather then risk wasting
your money and failing the exams.

--
Patrick Dickey <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

FrisbeeŽ

"Patrick Dickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> BINZA@ wrote:
>> Thought I was ready to book my 70-284 exchange 2003 exam after getting
>> 100% on my transcender preps and noticed that I had a free disk with my
>> MS Training kit containing a free measureup exam prep with 300 questions.
>> These questions are mind blowingly difficult and twisted, I am only
>> getting 50% average on these questions, does anyone have an opinion on
>> the relativity of these questions in relation to real test as I was
>> hoping to take test in a couple of days but will need a couple of weeks
>> if I take measurup seriously.
>> Thanks

> I would suggest reading through the posts about people's opinions about
> trancenders and other 'braindumps' as they refer to them. The Microsoft
> ones will be closer to the actual exams, simply because they are the ones
> who created the standards.

FWIW, Patrick, and AFAIK, Transcenders are not br@indumps.

Neil

did you hear Patrick Dickey <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I would suggest reading through the posts about people's opinions about
> trancenders and other 'braindumps' as they refer to them.

Transcenders are no longer braindumps

--
The InterNeil MCNGP#30

- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege.

Patrick Dickey

FrisbeeŽ wrote:
> "Patrick Dickey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> BINZA@ wrote:
>>> Thought I was ready to book my 70-284 exchange 2003 exam after getting
>>> 100% on my transcender preps and noticed that I had a free disk with my
>>> MS Training kit containing a free measureup exam prep with 300 questions.
>>> These questions are mind blowingly difficult and twisted, I am only
>>> getting 50% average on these questions, does anyone have an opinion on
>>> the relativity of these questions in relation to real test as I was
>>> hoping to take test in a couple of days but will need a couple of weeks
>>> if I take measurup seriously.
>>> Thanks

>> I would suggest reading through the posts about people's opinions about
>> trancenders and other 'braindumps' as they refer to them. The Microsoft
>> ones will be closer to the actual exams, simply because they are the ones
>> who created the standards.

> FWIW, Patrick, and AFAIK, Transcenders are not br@indumps.

Good point.. I've been away too long, and most of the infamous
br@indump posts have expired.. My bad. Although, I will still stand by
the fact that if you can't get at least a passing score on every
practice test you take, you're not ready.

--
Patrick Dickey <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com
Smile.. someone out there cares deeply for you.

The Rev [MCT]

Not to mention that Trancenders are way better than MeasureUP.

By the way ever spell checked the word Trancender?

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle