Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Caller ID with Sipgate

Caller ID with Sipgate

Jon

I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.

Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help & advice
on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
caller ID phones.

Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone should
work?

Jon

BC

Jon wrote:
> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
>
> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help & advice
> on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
> with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
> caller ID phones.
>
> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone should
> work?
>
> Jon

Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
guess it's something to do with router.

Jon

"BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3T2Ji.18336$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Jon wrote:
>> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
>> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
>>
>> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
>> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help &
>> advice on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller
>> ID working with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start
>> trying other caller ID phones.
>>
>> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone
>> should work?
>>
>> Jon

> Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
> guess it's something to do with router

My guess as well as the phone works with BT line, but Sipgate tech support
say the problem will be with my phone and they know I am using the Netgear
TA612V.

Hoping somebody will comment who has used the Netgear TA612V & caller ID as
it could be costly to just start changing phones & routers.

Jon

TheDragon

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N33Ji.32594$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3T2Ji.18336$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>> Jon wrote:
>>> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
>>> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
>>>
>>> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
>>> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help &
>>> advice on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller
>>> ID working with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start
>>> trying other caller ID phones.
>>>
>>> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone
>>> should work?
>>>
>>> Jon

>> Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
>> guess it's something to do with router

> My guess as well as the phone works with BT line, but Sipgate tech support
> say the problem will be with my phone and they know I am using the Netgear
> TA612V.
>
> Hoping somebody will comment who has used the Netgear TA612V & caller ID
> as it could be costly to just start changing phones & routers.
>
> Jon

Is there a setting in the routers VOIP section to check its configured for
UK standard and NOT US.

The UK uses FSK_ETSI standard. Other EU countries use DTMF or Bellcore. It
is strange though, most phones are multi standard. My phillips certainly is.

Gordon Henderson

In article <3T2Ji.18336$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
BC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Jon wrote:
>> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
>> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
>>
>> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
>> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help & advice
>> on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
>> with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
>> caller ID phones.
>>
>> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone should
>> work?
>>
>> Jon

>Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
>guess it's something to do with router.

But does the Netgear TA612V provide UK standard Caller ID?

There are many different standards world-wide (and even in the UK with
the cable companies), alas.

Does the netgear have any way to select which type of Caller ID it
supports?

Or can you use a differenet router and a soft-phone on your PC just to
make sure you do see callerId?

Gordon

Tim

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Or can you use a differenet router and a soft-phone on your PC just to
> make sure you do see callerId?

Sipgate definitely send caller ID.

Tim

Chris Davies

Jon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...] would be interested to know if others have the caller ID working
> with Sipgate [...]

My softphone (twinkle) shows CLID via Sipgate. Hope that helps.
Chris

Ivor Jones

"Chris Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
: : Jon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: : : [...] would be interested to know if others have the
: : : caller ID working with Sipgate [...]
: :
: : My softphone (twinkle) shows CLID via Sipgate. Hope
: : that helps. Chris

So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.

Ivor

Jon

"Gordon Henderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fd2iic$1ner$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <3T2Ji.18336$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> BC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Jon wrote:
>>> I have been trying to get caller ID to show on my Panasonic KX-TCD515EM
>>> phone with Sipgate and the Netgear TA612V telephone adapter.
>>>
>>> Sipgate say the problem will be with my phone! Which I feel is odd as it
>>> works when connected to the BT line, so I am looking for some help &
>>> advice
>>> on this and would be interested to know if others have the caller ID
>>> working
>>> with Sipgate and or with the Netgear TA612V before I start trying other
>>> caller ID phones.
>>>
>>> Perhaps this is a caller ID standards problem and if so which phone
>>> should
>>> work?
>>>
>>> Jon

>>Panasonics are compatible with the caller ID standards used in the UK. I
>>guess it's something to do with router.

> But does the Netgear TA612V provide UK standard Caller ID?
>
> There are many different standards world-wide (and even in the UK with
> the cable companies), alas.
>
> Does the netgear have any way to select which type of Caller ID it
> supports?
>
> Or can you use a differenet router and a soft-phone on your PC just to
> make sure you do see callerId?
>
> Gordon

I get the felling the problem is the Netgear TA612V which has been setup by
Sipgate as it is using there firmware and has no user setting to play with.

It's odd Sipgate tech support blame the problem on my phone which suggests
they are happy with the Netgear TA612V setup and the caller ID.

Jon

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Chris Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>>
>>> My softphone (twinkle) shows CLID via Sipgate. Hope
>>> that helps. Chris

> So does my el-cheapo Betacom Preview 2 standalone CLID display unit,
> connected to a Sipura 2000 on Sipgate.
>
> Ivor

Sipgate Caller ID shows on a couple of BT branded phones I have and a couple
of Binatone phones via a PAP2 ATA.

Have set as ETSI FSK with PR (UK) but have tried them with Bellcore NA/China
too, think I tried other versions too, but medication makes me forgot chunks
of memory.

--
Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow