Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Slow internal card reader

Slow internal card reader

Roq

I want to use my internal card reader but itīs so slow! When I connect
my cameras I get a transfer speed of around 10 Mb/s so it seems that
the computer CAN receive data quickly over USB.

But when I put the Sandisk Extreme III SD 2GB in the card reader I get
about 1 Mb/s.

HP Pavillion 4250 se.
USB 2.0
"Enchanced standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller" in universal
serial bus

I have no external hard drives although I have the possibility to
connect one external hard drive in an internal slot (if that could
interfere?).

Why is it so slow?
/Urban