Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > best desk chairs for someone at a computer for 12-15 hours per day

best desk chairs for someone at a computer for 12-15 hours per day

Bill Stout

Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
I'm ready to invest.

Thanks,
Bill

Blinky the Shark

Bill Stout wrote:
> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
> I'm ready to invest.

Bill, I'm thinkin' that all $600 chairs heal are the profit pictures of
their manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

Now, if you *really* want to give away your money...

http://www.fastexercise.com/

Yeah, right.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Bill Stout

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Bill Stout wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
>> I'm ready to invest.

> Bill, I'm thinkin' that all $600 chairs heal are the profit pictures of
> their manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
>
> Now, if you *really* want to give away your money...
>
> http://www.fastexercise.com/
>
> Yeah, right.

I hear ya Blinky, but I think the guy who told me about this $600
wasn't kidding. I just can't remember what brand he said they
were, and don't remember who he was either. I met him online
playing poker when this conversation came up, and he was someone I
knew at one time as being reliable source.

I wonder how many of those exercisers have been sold?

Bill

Blinky the Shark

Bill Stout wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Bill Stout wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
>>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
>>> I'm ready to invest.

>> Bill, I'm thinkin' that all $600 chairs heal are the profit pictures of
>> their manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
>>
>> Now, if you *really* want to give away your money...
>>
>> http://www.fastexercise.com/
>>
>> Yeah, right.

> I hear ya Blinky, but I think the guy who told me about this $600

I've bought *cars* for less than that; one of them lasted me for years,
and hardly anything ever broke on it. Okay, the frame, but we fixed
that with a splint of wood and carriage bolts.

> wasn't kidding. I just can't remember what brand he said they
> were, and don't remember who he was either. I met him online
> playing poker when this conversation came up, and he was someone I
> knew at one time as being reliable source.
>
> I wonder how many of those exercisers have been sold?

That place is only a couple miles from me, so if nobody buys those
excercisers for $14,000+ ... well, there goes at least part of the
neighborhood.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:

thanatoid

Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:46f597c8$0$8665$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal
> the body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of
> $600 but I'm ready to invest.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Every city has at least one shop which specializes in weird
ergonomic chairs of all kinds. Knee chairs, massage chairs,
semi-normal-but-special chairs, etc.

Yellow Pages.

Or just drive around and look for one or call some doctor's
office.

--
"This is not nuclear. This is just a test."
- illyria

VanguardLH

"Bill Stout" wrote ...
> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the body?
> I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but I'm ready
> to invest.

I'm sure the AMA and hospitals would love to have you let them know
when you find these "healing chairs". Doesn't it come with a palm
that slaps you in the forehead, a speaker that yells "HEAL!", so you
get knocked backwards?

If you are sitting so long that your butt gets sore, learn to do butt
clenches even if you have to alternate cheeks. Just don't do it when
the mail guy shows up or he might not come around anymore and you'll
have to pick up your mail. You're supposed to get off your ass every
hour and walk around. Find some stairs.

Sano

- Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> - wrote in
news:46f597c8$0$8665$(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
> I'm ready to invest.

I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

Bill Stout

Sano wrote:
> - Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> - wrote in
> news:46f597c8$0$8665$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
>> I'm ready to invest.

> I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

I believe you've found it, thank you.

Bill

Sano

- Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> - wrote in
news:46f689d6$0$24135$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sano wrote:
>> - Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> - wrote in
>> news:46f597c8$0$8665$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
>>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
>>> I'm ready to invest.

>> I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

> I believe you've found it, thank you.

http://www.hermanmiller4less.com/aer...on_lumbar.html

http://www.rfmseating.com/index.asp custom chairs

There are used ones around but they're going to be in large cities. New
York, LA.

Sano

- Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> - wrote in
news:46f689d6$0$24135$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sano wrote:
>> - Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> - wrote in
>> news:46f597c8$0$8665$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
>>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
>>> I'm ready to invest.

>> I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

> I believe you've found it, thank you.

SteelCase and Haworth also have similar upper scale offerings.

AFA the Aeron I'd really prefer to sit in one before I buy.