Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Registry Repair

Windows Registry Repair

ahaa

Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/

chuckcar

ahaa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/

Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called scanreg
since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of windows. Any
removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs is nitpicking
for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Bill Stout

chuckcar wrote:
> ahaa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>
>> Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/
>>

> Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called scanreg
> since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of windows. Any
> removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs is nitpicking
> for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

so the path to use this in vista would be start>run>type in
"scanreg/fix?" without quotes, press ok? No spaces?

Bill

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>chuckcar wrote:
>> ahaa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>>
>>> Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called scanreg
>> since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of windows. Any
>> removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs is nitpicking
>> for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

>so the path to use this in vista would be start>run>type in
>"scanreg/fix?" without quotes, press ok? No spaces?

Scanreg is a Win98 program.

best registry programs you can run are ERUNT and NTREGOPT

MS will Downgrade you from preinstalled Vista to XP.
http://www.news.com/The-XP-alternati...3-6209481.html

chuckcar

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Bill Stout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>chuckcar wrote:
>>> ahaa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

>>> Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called
>>> scanreg since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of
>>> windows. Any removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs
>>> is nitpicking for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

>>so the path to use this in vista would be start>run>type in
>>"scanreg/fix?" without quotes, press ok? No spaces?

> Scanreg is a Win98 program.

It works in millenium and XP as well. It just appeared *first* in 98.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Scanreg is a Win98 program.
>>

>It works in millenium and XP as well. It just appeared *first* in 98.

I never count ME as nobody used it, Scanreg never made it to the NT
OS.

(XP
Start | Run <type in>
%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:%windir%\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
<enter>
--

MS will Downgrade you from preinstalled Vista to XP.
http://www.news.com/The-XP-alternati...3-6209481.html

VanguardLH

"ahaa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/

Another Google Grouping, Google blogspotter stroking himself in
public.