Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Driver Error mayhem

Windows Driver Error mayhem

Muze Groops

Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
reboots all by itself.

After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
links below)

I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks

(WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...2-20b6ad52d05d

http://tinyurl.com/2te2lq

Evan Platt

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:05:53 -0400, Muze Groops <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
>reboots all by itself.
>
>After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
>links below)
>
>I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
>before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks

Nope. But the STOP error may tell something, or look in the event
viewer.

> (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

512k! Holy crap! That's your problem.

Actually even 512mb isn't enough now days for Windows.

Muze Groops

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:05:53 -0400, Muze Groops <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
>> reboots all by itself.
>>
>> After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
>> links below)
>>
>> I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
>> before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks

> Nope. But the STOP error may tell something, or look in the event
> viewer.
>
>> (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

> 512k! Holy crap! That's your problem.
>
> Actually even 512mb isn't enough now days for Windows.

That's what I think is the problem too. I think I'll go find a cheap
card of another 512 of RAM, *that* should be enough, no? I mean I'm not
playing video games, just cam apps and torrent occasionally.

who'sthat

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:23:43 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:05:53 -0400, Muze Groops <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
>>reboots all by itself.
>>
>>After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
>>links below)
>>
>>I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
>>before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks

>Nope. But the STOP error may tell something, or look in the event
>viewer.
>
>> (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)

>512k! Holy crap! That's your problem.
>
>Actually even 512mb isn't enough now days for Windows.

**** I missed that. If you're been running XP all along and now you're
getting this you need to check your RAM. Reseat each strip and see
what you get.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Muze Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
>reboots all by itself.
>
>After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
>links below)
>
>I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
>before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks

You can troubleshoot your drivers

Start | Run <type in>
verifier
<enter>

But it's a lot of work http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

If you try this can't reboot or have other problems - F8 and use last
good config.
--

http://www.onahorse.com/

pcbutts1

If MS says the reason their operating system crashed is because of a device
driver why do you *think* it's not? I mean your choice is very limited.
Video, Ram, Sound card, or peripherals.

"Muze Groops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46f54b6c$0$18959$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Several times I've gotten the Blue Screen of Death blink then the PC
> reboots all by itself.
>
> After reboot, Microsoft error reporting sends me this error page (see
> links below)
>
> I don't *think* I have any driver problems... I never got this error
> before. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks
>

> (WinXp Sp2 Pent 4 2gigprocessor 512k RAM)
>

> http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...2-20b6ad52d05d
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2te2lq

pcbutts1

Having a limited amount of ram does not cause a BSOD bad ram does. If you
are going to get another stick then get 2 and replace the old one.

news:46f5519c$0$7512$(E-Mail Removed)...