Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > "My Windows XP Machine" screen before login

"My Windows XP Machine" screen before login

John Bartley K7AAY

Windows XP Home Spack2:
A dialog box appears before we can choose which user to login as.
I need to update the contents of that dialog box but can't find how.
How do I change, or remove, that dialog box?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

John Bartley K7AAY <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Windows XP Home Spack2:
>A dialog box appears before we can choose which user to login as.
>I need to update the contents of that dialog box but can't find how.
>How do I change, or remove, that dialog box?

Start | Run <type in>
gpedit.msc
<enter>

Windows settings - logon/off scripts

--

http://www.onahorse.com/

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>gpedit.msc

This might be easier
http://www.theeldergeek.com/create_l...dialog_box.htm

Legal notice to what you want it to say.
--

http://www.onahorse.com/

John Bartley K7AAY

On Sep 21, 9:11 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> John Bartley K7AAY <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Windows XP Home Spack2:
> >A dialog box appears before we can choose which user to login as.
> >I need to update the contents of that dialog box but can't find how.
> >How do I change, or remove, that dialog box?

> Start | Run <type in>
> gpedit.msc
> <enter>
> Windows settings - logon/off scripts
> http://www.onahorse.com

Did not work, I'm afraid.

John Bartley K7AAY

On Sep 21, 9:14 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >gpedit.msc

> This might be easier http://www.theeldergeek.com/create_l...dialog_box.htm
> Legal notice to what you want it to say.
> --
> http://www.onahorse.com/

Thank you! That worked!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

John Bartley K7AAY <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sep 21, 9:11 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> John Bartley K7AAY <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Windows XP Home Spack2:
>> >A dialog box appears before we can choose which user to login as.
>> >I need to update the contents of that dialog box but can't find how.
>> >How do I change, or remove, that dialog box?

>> Start | Run <type in>
>> gpedit.msc
>> <enter>
>> Windows settings - logon/off scripts
>> http://www.onahorse.com

>Did not work, I'm afraid.

After I posted I noticed you were running XP Home, it doers't have
policies or gpedit.msc; thus the second post. Glad that one worked for
you

--

MS will Downgrade you from preinstalled Vista to XP.
http://www.news.com/The-XP-alternati...3-6209481.html