Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > want to make a single column invisible in that html table

want to make a single column invisible in that html table

Valli

Hi,

I am adding records to htmltable using javascript coding. I want to
make a single column invisible in that html table.
Can anyone help me in this?

My javascript code to add a new row in html table follows below:
var tbody =
document.getElementById('tblorederlist').getElemen tsByTagName('tbody')[0];

var row = document.createElement('TR');

var td1 = document.createElement('TD');

var td2 = document.createElement('TD');

var td3 = document.createElement('TD');

td1.innerHTML=orderorpositiontype;

td2.innerHTML =buysell;

td3.innerHTML = buyselltype;

row.appendChild(td1);

row.appendChild(td2);

row.appendChild(td3);

tbody.appendChild(row);

My target is to make 2column invisible..What is the javascript coding
require for this?

--
Regards
Valli

Just Me

"Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:upOB$0N$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am adding records to htmltable using javascript coding. I want to
> make a single column invisible in that html table.
> Can anyone help me in this?
>
> My javascript code to add a new row in html table follows below:
> var tbody =
> document.getElementById('tblorederlist').getElemen tsByTagName('tbody')[0];
>
> var row = document.createElement('TR');
>
> var td1 = document.createElement('TD');
>
> var td2 = document.createElement('TD');
>
> var td3 = document.createElement('TD');
>
> td1.innerHTML=orderorpositiontype;
>
> td2.innerHTML =buysell;
>
> td3.innerHTML = buyselltype;
>
> row.appendChild(td1);
>
> row.appendChild(td2);
>
> row.appendChild(td3);
>
> tbody.appendChild(row);
>

> My target is to make 2column invisible..What is the javascript coding
> require for this?
>
> --
> Regards
> Valli

Valli

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

If I set Visibility property, the cell is made invisible but it occupies
its own space in the table(a blank space is displayed in that cell). For me,
the space must also be made invisible. In the design of that table, If i set
visible = 'false, its made invisible. But in Javascrip coding , What should
I write to make that cell invisible completely?

Can you help me in this.

Regards
Valli

"Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23Pyrt4O$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:upOB$0N$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am adding records to htmltable using javascript coding. I want to
>> make a single column invisible in that html table.
>> Can anyone help me in this?
>>
>> My javascript code to add a new row in html table follows below:
>> var tbody =
>> document.getElementById('tblorederlist').getElemen tsByTagName('tbody')[0];
>>
>> var row = document.createElement('TR');
>>
>> var td1 = document.createElement('TD');
>>
>> var td2 = document.createElement('TD');
>>
>> var td3 = document.createElement('TD');
>>
>> td1.innerHTML=orderorpositiontype;
>>
>> td2.innerHTML =buysell;
>>
>> td3.innerHTML = buyselltype;
>>
>> row.appendChild(td1);
>>
>> row.appendChild(td2);
>>
>> row.appendChild(td3);
>>
>> tbody.appendChild(row);
>>

>> My target is to make 2column invisible..What is the javascript coding
>> require for this?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Valli

Just Me

Well, I dont think (AFAIK ) that this is possible. If you really want to
make it invisible, why not just dont display it. You could make the fonts
really tiny and reduce the width of the TD's I suppose. but your not going
to be able to remove all the width occupied by the invisible cells.

"Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eTvgjUQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> If I set Visibility property, the cell is made invisible but it
> occupies its own space in the table(a blank space is displayed in that
> cell). For me, the space must also be made invisible. In the design of
> that table, If i set visible = 'false, its made invisible. But in
> Javascrip coding , What should I write to make that cell invisible
> completely?
>
> Can you help me in this.
>
> Regards
> Valli
>
> "Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:%23Pyrt4O$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:upOB$0N$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am adding records to htmltable using javascript coding. I want to
>>> make a single column invisible in that html table.
>>> Can anyone help me in this?
>>>
>>> My javascript code to add a new row in html table follows below:
>>> var tbody =
>>> document.getElementById('tblorederlist').getElemen tsByTagName('tbody')[0];
>>>
>>> var row = document.createElement('TR');
>>>
>>> var td1 = document.createElement('TD');
>>>
>>> var td2 = document.createElement('TD');
>>>
>>> var td3 = document.createElement('TD');
>>>
>>> td1.innerHTML=orderorpositiontype;
>>>
>>> td2.innerHTML =buysell;
>>>
>>> td3.innerHTML = buyselltype;
>>>
>>> row.appendChild(td1);
>>>
>>> row.appendChild(td2);
>>>
>>> row.appendChild(td3);
>>>
>>> tbody.appendChild(row);
>>>

>>> My target is to make 2column invisible..What is the javascript coding
>>> require for this?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Valli

Valli

HI,

I have set the display property as 'None' for that cell and now its
working as required.

tcell.Style.display = 'none';

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards
Valli

"Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OuLGszQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I dont think (AFAIK ) that this is possible. If you really want to
> make it invisible, why not just dont display it. You could make the fonts
> really tiny and reduce the width of the TD's I suppose. but your not going
> to be able to remove all the width occupied by the invisible cells.
>

> "Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eTvgjUQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer.
>>
>> If I set Visibility property, the cell is made invisible but it
>> occupies its own space in the table(a blank space is displayed in that
>> cell). For me, the space must also be made invisible. In the design of
>> that table, If i set visible = 'false, its made invisible. But in
>> Javascrip coding , What should I write to make that cell invisible
>> completely?
>>
>> Can you help me in this.
>>
>> Regards
>> Valli
>>
>> "Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23Pyrt4O$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:upOB$0N$(E-Mail Removed)...

Just Me

Well, you learn something new every day.

Well done !

"Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23S154LR$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI,
>
> I have set the display property as 'None' for that cell and now its
> working as required.
>
> tcell.Style.display = 'none';
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Regards
> Valli
>
> "Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:OuLGszQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, I dont think (AFAIK ) that this is possible. If you really want to
>> make it invisible, why not just dont display it. You could make the fonts
>> really tiny and reduce the width of the TD's I suppose. but your not
>> going to be able to remove all the width occupied by the invisible cells.
>>

>> "Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eTvgjUQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your answer.
>>>
>>> If I set Visibility property, the cell is made invisible but it
>>> occupies its own space in the table(a blank space is displayed in that
>>> cell). For me, the space must also be made invisible. In the design of
>>> that table, If i set visible = 'false, its made invisible. But in
>>> Javascrip coding , What should I write to make that cell invisible
>>> completely?
>>>
>>> Can you help me in this.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Valli
>>>
>>> "Just Me" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:%23Pyrt4O$(E-Mail Removed)...

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Valli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23S154LR$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have set the display property as 'None' for that cell and now its
> working as required.
>
> tcell.Style.display = 'none';

Yes, that would correct.

Google for CSS style display visibility for more on this...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP