Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Console.Writeline

Console.Writeline

shapper

Hello,

Where can I see the output of console.writeline(MyVar) in VS 2005?

And do I need to debug or just run it?

Is there any other way to check the a variable value?

Thanks,

Miguel

Scott M.

If you are not in a console project, you'll see your console.writeline
statements in the debug Output window.

If you are in a Windows application, you can just create a temporary
messgagebox.show statement to print your value on the screen.

Or, you could just set a breakpoint and check the various debugging
windows/intelliSense features to see your value.

"shapper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Where can I see the output of console.writeline(MyVar) in VS 2005?
>
> And do I need to debug or just run it?
>
> Is there any other way to check the a variable value?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Miguel

bruce barker

to showup in the vs debugger console just:

System.Diagnostics.Debug.Write("some text");

also see the Trace class.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

shapper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Where can I see the output of console.writeline(MyVar) in VS 2005?
>
> And do I need to debug or just run it?
>
> Is there any other way to check the a variable value?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Miguel

Just Me

Ive never had to use trace or debug in an asp.net application. I think if
you write you code robustly, you can usually do without it.

news:ubyDSkJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> to showup in the vs debugger console just:
>
> System.Diagnostics.Debug.Write("some text");
>
> also see the Trace class.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> shapper wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Where can I see the output of console.writeline(MyVar) in VS 2005?
>>
>> And do I need to debug or just run it?
>>
>> Is there any other way to check the a variable value?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Miguel

Scott M.

The trace class is extremely usefull in ASP .NET. If you haven't heard of
using in ASP .NET, I'd say that you haven't read much about debugging ASP
..NET.

news:urrK20O$(E-Mail Removed)...