Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VS 2005 web site publish

VS 2005 web site publish

Rick

When I publish our web site to the web server, the vssver2.scc source safe
file get's published to the bin directory then the next time I publish I get
a publish failed error because this file cannot be overwritten. I have my
Publish properties set to only publish files needed to run this application.

Anyone know why this is happening or a work around without me having to
delete this file after every time the web site is published?

Thanks!
Rick

Mark Rae [MVP]

news:%23nR%23BoI$(E-Mail Removed)...

> When I publish our web site to the web server, the vssver2.scc source safe
> file get's published to the bin directory then the next time I publish I
> get a publish failed error because this file cannot be overwritten. I have
> my Publish properties set to only publish files needed to run this
> application.
>
> Anyone know why this is happening or a work around without me having to
> delete this file after every time the web site is published?

Use Web Deployment Projects
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...oyment+Project
and FTP

--