Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Client only allows one client to connect per subnet.

Cisco Client only allows one client to connect per subnet.

pagerst@gmail.com

Hi,

Im getting the following error when I try to connect more then 1
computer with Cisco VPN Client ver.5.0.00.0340.

Secure vpn connection terminated locally by the client.
Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 wireless router. I can connect one computer,
but as soon as i try to connect the second it will disconnect the
first and give the error message above.

I really need to solve this issue any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

Trendkill

On Sep 21, 10:11 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im getting the following error when I try to connect more then 1
> computer with Cisco VPN Client ver.5.0.00.0340.
>
> Secure vpn connection terminated locally by the client.
> Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.
>
> I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 wireless router. I can connect one computer,
> but as soon as i try to connect the second it will disconnect the
> first and give the error message above.
>
> I really need to solve this issue any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

I have had this issue many times over the years. The issue is the
dlink (although there are many other manufacturers/models that have
the same issue). Try to see if you have the same issue with two wired
clients, and if you do, your best bet is to look for firmware upgrades
for the dlink. If this doesn't buy you anything, you are effectively
hosed. I am not sure what the specific technical issue is, but
apparently the manufacturers made some bad assumptions on the older
models or failed to do whatever they needed to hardware/software wise
to let this work. It should definitely not be a problem on the
corporate or vpn concentrator side.

stephen

"Trendkill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Sep 21, 10:11 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Im getting the following error when I try to connect more then 1
> > computer with Cisco VPN Client ver.5.0.00.0340.
> >
> > Secure vpn connection terminated locally by the client.
> > Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.
> >
> > I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 wireless router. I can connect one computer,
> > but as soon as i try to connect the second it will disconnect the
> > first and give the error message above.
> >
> > I really need to solve this issue any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Pete

> I have had this issue many times over the years. The issue is the
> dlink (although there are many other manufacturers/models that have
> the same issue). Try to see if you have the same issue with two wired
> clients, and if you do, your best bet is to look for firmware upgrades
> for the dlink. If this doesn't buy you anything, you are effectively
> hosed. I am not sure what the specific technical issue is, but
> apparently the manufacturers made some bad assumptions on the older
> models or failed to do whatever they needed to hardware/software wise
> to let this work. It should definitely not be a problem on the
> corporate or vpn concentrator side.

it seems to be a lack of imagination on having multiple UDP clients running
on the user side of the SOHO router, with the same UDP socket number and
destination address.

if your concentrator is set up for it, try configuring 1 or both client to
use TCP encapsulation rather than UDP (or if all else fails, 1 of each) -
these dinky toy routers seem much better at keeping different TCP streams
separate.

--
Regards