Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Upgrade or re-cert?

Upgrade or re-cert?

ChrisR

I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to move
up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or re-cert
(two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam may be
compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions, toughness
of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read MS
Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
exam?

"ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
>move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
>re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam
>may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
>toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ug4enJg$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read MS
> Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
> exam?
>

> "ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
> >move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
> >re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam
> >may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
> >toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

What experience do you have on the tested technology?

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

I have a few years with SQL 2005, mostly in basic admin. My weekest points
are technologies that I do not use on a regulat basis... XML and Service
Broker.

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:O2qR%23wh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ug4enJg$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read
>> MS
>> Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
>> exam?
>>

>> "ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
>> >move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
>> >re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade
>> >exam
>> >may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
>> >toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
>> >

> What experience do you have on the tested technology?

> Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:O6kfJPl$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a few years with SQL 2005, mostly in basic admin. My weekest points
> are technologies that I do not use on a regulat basis... XML and Service
> Broker.
>

> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:O2qR%23wh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "msnews.microsoft.com" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:ug4enJg$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> I am in the process of studying for 70-431 now. Any advice? I have read
> >> MS
> >> Training book and have the exam cram book. Did you find it to be an easy
> >> exam?
> >>

> >> "ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> >

> > What experience do you have on the tested technology?
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
> > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
> > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
> > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

Visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning/ex...431.mspx#E3DAC and
review the skills being measured. You can judge your experience based on
knowing what you will be tested on.

Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

The Rev [MCT]

Having taken the 447 Upgrade exam myself I can tell you this. Its nothing
more than 443 and 444 smacked together. I will say that in itself can be
brutal because of the differing natures of the two exams. One exam is a case
study while the other is multiple choice. I was pretty brain dead after
taking it and looking back (while I passes the exam fine enough) would have
rather done them one at a time instead of in a single upgrade exam.

But thats just me. I'm the type who, while taking countless versions, hate
case study exams. So if you're also not fond of them I'd suggest you
consider taking the two exams seperately. Good luck with the exam, or exams
if you prefer.

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle
..
"ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
>move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
>re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam
>may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
>toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisR

This is exactly the insight I was looking for, thanks!

"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uC8DVmm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having taken the 447 Upgrade exam myself I can tell you this. Its nothing
> more than 443 and 444 smacked together. I will say that in itself can be
> brutal because of the differing natures of the two exams. One exam is a
> case study while the other is multiple choice. I was pretty brain dead
> after taking it and looking back (while I passes the exam fine enough)
> would have rather done them one at a time instead of in a single upgrade
> exam.
>
> But thats just me. I'm the type who, while taking countless versions, hate
> case study exams. So if you're also not fond of them I'd suggest you
> consider taking the two exams seperately. Good luck with the exam, or
> exams if you prefer.
>
> --
> .rev
>
> "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
> without
> accepting it"
> ~Aristotle
> .
> "ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
>>move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
>>re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam
>>may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
>>toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The Rev [MCT]

You're welcome.

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle
..
"ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%236rGXCy$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is exactly the insight I was looking for, thanks!
>

> "The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uC8DVmm$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Having taken the 447 Upgrade exam myself I can tell you this. Its nothing
>> more than 443 and 444 smacked together. I will say that in itself can be
>> brutal because of the differing natures of the two exams. One exam is a
>> case study while the other is multiple choice. I was pretty brain dead
>> after taking it and looking back (while I passes the exam fine enough)
>> would have rather done them one at a time instead of in a single upgrade
>> exam.
>>
>> But thats just me. I'm the type who, while taking countless versions,
>> hate case study exams. So if you're also not fond of them I'd suggest you
>> consider taking the two exams seperately. Good luck with the exam, or
>> exams if you prefer.
>>
>> --
>> .rev
>>
>> "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought
>> without
>> accepting it"
>> ~Aristotle
>> .
>> "ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eC38llJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to
>>>move up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or
>>>re-cert (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam
>>>may be compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions,
>>>toughness of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

vin

On Sep 22, 2:50 am, "ChrisR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am currenlty an MCDBA, and have also already passed 70-431. I want to move
> up to 2005, but don't know if I should upgrade (1 exam 70-447) or re-cert
> (two exams 444 and 443)? My concern is how brutal an upgrade exam may be
> compared to two seperate exams in regards to number of questions, toughness
> of questions, etc. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Chrisr,

Can u please provide me MCDBA learning Material.

Thanks a lot.
Vin