Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Information about Netgear WGTB111T please. (UK)

Information about Netgear WGTB111T please. (UK)

Michael Swift

PC World, yes I know, have a Netgear WGTB111T + USB receiver for sale at
60ish, this seems a good deal but I can't find the model on the Netgear
web site which makes me suspicious that it's redundant stock.

If it is I would assume a lack of support from Netgear so not as good a
buy as it seems.

Any kind person out there know of this router and how well it will
handle 20 megg Virgin cable connection.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

tony h

not much info on that one anywhere (except pcworld. dixons etc), which is a
bit weird. netgear products are generally pretty good though, and you should
get a warranty, so if it doesnt work, return it!

Michael Swift

In article <fd5td8$8pc$(E-Mail Removed)>, tony h <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>not much info on that one anywhere (except pcworld. dixons etc), which
>is a bit weird. netgear products are generally pretty good though, and
>you should get a warranty, so if it doesnt work, return it!

Mmm, I found that as well, that's what makes me a little suspicious. I
have e-mailed sales at Netgear but got an automated response with a
promise of a human reply later, we'll see.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Michael Swift

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Michael Swift
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>not much info on that one anywhere (except pcworld. dixons etc), which
>>is a bit weird. netgear products are generally pretty good though, and
>>you should get a warranty, so if it doesnt work, return it!

>Mmm, I found that as well, that's what makes me a little suspicious. I
>have e-mailed sales at Netgear but got an automated response with a
>promise of a human reply later, we'll see.

Follow up :-

Received the following e-mail today.

Hi Mike,

The WGTB111T, is a bundle of the WGT624 and the WG111T which are both
current products.

This Router will support 10meg broadband

Best regards,
NETGEAR Sales UK&I

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange