Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless printing

Wireless printing

Curt Christianson

A very good evening all.

I'm faced with dilemma here. I've *never* installed a wireless print job
before.

I have a client with a Compaq notebook, that he totes all over the
house--works great with the Lynksis router.

Now he wants to know if he can print wirelessly from anywhere he has
coverage, to his fancy HP printer sitting right next to the Linksys router.
Is this possible, or are we talking some serious dollar outlay here?

As always, any help is gratefully accepted.

--

Curt

Windows Support Center
www.aumha.org
Practically Nerded,...
http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

Curt Christianson

I hope this is not an imbecilic question.

--
HTH,
Curt

Windows Support Center
www.aumha.org
Practically Nerded,...
http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

"Curt Christianson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e85gB7Z$(E-Mail Removed)...
|A very good evening all.
|
| I'm faced with dilemma here. I've *never* installed a wireless print job
| before.
|
| I have a client with a Compaq notebook, that he totes all over the
| house--works great with the Lynksis router.
|
| Now he wants to know if he can print wirelessly from anywhere he has
| coverage, to his fancy HP printer sitting right next to the Linksys
router.
| Is this possible, or are we talking some serious dollar outlay here?
|
| As always, any help is gratefully accepted.
|
| --
|
| Curt
|
| Windows Support Center
| www.aumha.org
| Practically Nerded,...
| http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

Barb Bowman

you need to supply some details. does the printer have wireless on
board? is it connected to a wireless print server? is it connected
via ethernet to the router as an ethernet printer? is it connected
to a desktop pc?

there are lots of configurations, and yes, there is a good chance
that printing can be done wirelessly.

what operating system is on the laptop (and on the desktop if the
printer is attached to a desktop)? what printer model?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:14:04 -0500, "Curt Christianson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I hope this is not an imbecilic question.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Curt Christianson

Thank you Barb,

I'm so green at this I didn't even know what info. was needed. I'll do some
checking with the customer, and get back to this thread.

Thanks so much for responding.

--
HTH,
Curt