Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Yorkfield to launch at 3.0Ghz

Yorkfield to launch at 3.0Ghz

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Bit-Tech have some details on the release of Intel's new quad-core CPU, featuring a whopping 12MB L2 cache:

Quote:
Despite using a smaller manufacturing process, the chip’s thermal design power will still be 130W. Intel has three TDP bands that its processors fit into – 65W, 95W and 130W that its processors fit into for simplicity purposes. Therefore, we’re still expecting the Wolfdale to use less power at the wall than a Kentsfield at the same frequency.

Although Intel hasn’t released pricing details, we’re expecting the chip to come in at US$999 per 1,000 chips – the same price as Intel’s current flagship processor.
Read here for more info.