Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > ping command is not working on cisco router

ping command is not working on cisco router

bodhayanghosh bodhayanghosh is offline
Junior Member

hi,
my company has 2 routers(1700 series and 2600 series) for training purposes.
after configuring the ip addresses on to the ports of the routers i have configured the routing tables ( by RIP)but both the routers canot be able to identify the protocols and hence the ping command is working upto the corresponding gateways. after that the ping command is not working and is giving a message stating "TTL expires in transit"

so please help me out of the problem.

bodhayan

Slash2007 Slash2007 is offline
Junior Member

The best way to test what is going on on your network is to type

>en
#debug all

you have to type out "yes"

Then "Enter" X 2