Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Open new tab

Open new tab

Moo

I used to have a Trust mouse, when I click the middle (wheel) button on
a link in firefox it would open the link in a new tab without switching
to it. I used this feature a lot as it's great for researching and
building up a list of documents to read whilst not having to leave the
main search page.

Anyway, Trust mouse died so I've just got a logitech MX1000,
unfortunately the middle button is assigned to zoom! Now, I can
reassign it to something else but can I get it to open the links? Can I
hell!

Any ideas? It's not in the basic actions list for the mouse but I can
assign the button to represent any keypress I need. I did try ALT+ENTER
but that only seems to apply to the main address bar.

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com

Rom

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:34:42 +0100, Moo wrote:

> I used to have a Trust mouse, when I click the middle (wheel) button on
> a link in firefox it would open the link in a new tab without switching
> to it. I used this feature a lot as it's great for researching and
> building up a list of documents to read whilst not having to leave the
> main search page.
>
> Anyway, Trust mouse died so I've just got a logitech MX1000,
> unfortunately the middle button is assigned to zoom! Now, I can
> reassign it to something else but can I get it to open the links? Can I
> hell!
>
> Any ideas? It's not in the basic actions list for the mouse but I can
> assign the button to represent any keypress I need. I did try ALT+ENTER
> but that only seems to apply to the main address bar.

If there's 'middle-click' or in 'other' in the list try that,
otherwise here are lists of Mouse and Keyboard Shortcuts:
<http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/mouse>
<http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard>.

--
Rom

Moo

Rom wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:34:42 +0100, Moo wrote:
>
>> I used to have a Trust mouse, when I click the middle (wheel) button on
>> a link in firefox it would open the link in a new tab without switching
>> to it. I used this feature a lot as it's great for researching and
>> building up a list of documents to read whilst not having to leave the
>> main search page.
>>
>> Anyway, Trust mouse died so I've just got a logitech MX1000,
>> unfortunately the middle button is assigned to zoom! Now, I can
>> reassign it to something else but can I get it to open the links? Can I
>> hell!
>>
>> Any ideas? It's not in the basic actions list for the mouse but I can
>> assign the button to represent any keypress I need. I did try ALT+ENTER
>> but that only seems to apply to the main address bar.

> If there's 'middle-click' or in 'other' in the list try that,
> otherwise here are lists of Mouse and Keyboard Shortcuts:
> <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/mouse>
> <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard>.

Cheers matey, sorted!

--