Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > How can I simply invert the floating point number?

How can I simply invert the floating point number?

Siwat Saibua Siwat Saibua is offline
Junior Member

Hi,I am working on fast inversion project and now I need to find a simply inversion code to compare with mind. I searched on some sources but most of them was used ieee.numeric_unsigned.Code Example from that website:
-------------------------
library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
use ieee.numeric_unsigned.all;

entity divider is
port(DI : in std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);
DO : out std_logic_vector(7 downto 0));
end divider;
architecture archi of divider is
begin
DO = 1 / DI;
end archi;
It didn't work with my complier.Do you have any suggestion where can I find either the simply dividing code that I can apply as an inversion code or inversion code itself would be great. The result should come out B<= 1 / A, in case A is std_logic_vector

Siwat Saibua Siwat Saibua is offline
Junior Member

Now I'm trying with FP Libraryv0.91 from http://www.ens-lyon.fr/LIP/Arenaire/Ware/FPLibrary/
but the results sometimes were unreasonable. Does anyone know the better FP library for FP divide or inversion?