Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Com3 in registry

Com3 in registry

ellis_jay

why? wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:29:03 -0400, chuckcar wrote:
>
>> why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> No link to the post to see what's going on.

>>> The HKLM is a bit of a short description.

>> Hkey_local_machine as *anyone* who has used regedit would know.

> So you know what the "......." mean then, it's just a bit to small to
> read.

It would normally mean in the same location as another cited location, the
difference only being the HKLM or HKCU reference. It is shorthand for this:

HKCU/software/microsoft/windows/com3

and HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/com3

Thanx.

--

When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay

> "ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I recently saw a post in a forum wherby the "expert" told the
>> troubled party to delete Com3 in the registry. Please explain this
>> registry entry and its importance?
>> I believe it is in HKcurrentuser/software/microsoft/windows/com3
>> as well as in HKLM.......com3

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volume_Shadow_Copy_Service ?
>
> Now link the org discussion.

MRU's and history have been deleted, as I used CCLeaner. I cannot recall
the site or find it again without lots of time on my hands. I do believe
it was something about Shadow services that somehow was related to a 1720 or
1722 error accociateed with some program-a program unlike AdAware 7, of
which I am having trouble uninstalling.

thanx

--

why? wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:20:14 +0100, ded wrote:
>

>> "ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> I recently saw a post in a forum wherby the "expert" told the
>>> troubled party
>>> to delete Com3 in the registry. Please explain this registry entry
>>> and its
>>> importance?
>>> I believe it is in HKcurrentuser/software/microsoft/windows/com3
>>> as well as in HKLM.......com3
>>>

>> com3 is a serial communication port usually assigned by Windows
>> or software, for hardware such as a modem etc. Though it is only
>> assigned if com2 is unavailable.

> You will of course mean the COM services key and not the hardware
> serial port COM3.
>
> <snip>
>
> Me

Yes, I meant that what you said.

no COM3 Alho Computer Support 5 02-03-2006 11:27 PM
Interpretation of registry log of tweakui produced registry alteration vincemoon@rcn.com ASP .Net 0 01-10-2005 02:53 AM
where is my com3 ? TPG NEWS Computer Information 2 10-11-2004 06:26 AM
Reading registry key throws "Requested registry access is not allowed." HK ASP .Net 1 04-01-2004 04:44 PM
can perl write to a usb port com3 device?? Brainwave Surfer Perl Misc 0 09-03-2003 08:11 PM

Advertisments