Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > copying?

copying?

eugene

I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can save
this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a CD?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

eugene wrote:
> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can save
> this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a CD?

Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

eugene

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> eugene wrote:
>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
>> CD?

> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
all know exactly how sad you are!

meerkat

"eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> eugene wrote:
>>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way
>>> I can save this concert onto my PC.....................like I
>>> would do with a CD?

>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next
>> week, we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be
> copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a
> reasonable question but then sad old cynics like yourself always
> love an opportunity to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.

eugene

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newscvIi.68364$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>>
>>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
>>> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

>> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be
>> copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable
>> question but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity
>> to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

> Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.

It's audio/video. Neil Young's incredible Prairie Wind concert in Nashville
earlier this year. I own the DVD so I'm not doing anything illegal. It's
just that there are a couple of tracks I would like to copy and link them to
a forum for some friends of mine.

meerkat

"eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newscvIi.68364$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "eugene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

>>> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't
>>> be copied as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a
>>> reasonable question but then sad old cynics like yourself always
>>> love an opportunity to let us all know exactly how sad you are!

>> Audio/Video concert, or just Audio ?.
>>

> It's audio/video. Neil Young's incredible Prairie Wind concert in
> Nashville earlier this year. I own the DVD so I'm not doing anything
> illegal. It's just that there are a couple of tracks I would like to
> copy and link them to a forum for some friends of mine.

I think your best bet it to use DVDshrink, to get it onto your
Hdrive.
Professional DVDs need to be `reduced` to fit onto our ordinary
DVDs, and DVDshrink will do that for you.
Go here to read, and d/load it.
http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

bw..

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

eugene wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> eugene wrote:
>>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
>>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
>>> CD?

>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
>> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
> as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
> but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
> all know exactly how sad you are!

I've copied and pasted hundreds of times, works fine for me. Then again,
I'm not stupid.

Top

eugene wrote:

> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> eugene wrote:
>>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
>>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
>>> CD?

>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
>> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
> as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
> but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
> all know exactly how sad you are!

Why not explain what help you need. You give no information about your
OS or what your configration is. No, you are wrnog, you are stupid for
trying to bite the hand that can help you.

Top

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

eugene wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> eugene wrote:
>>> I have a DVD concert playing on my PC right now. Is there any way I can
>>> save this concert onto my PC.....................like I would do with a
>>> CD?

>> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
>> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

> If you can't reply in order to help, why bother? DVD files can't be copied
> as simply as you suggested. I'm not stupid! I asked a reasonable question
> but then sad old cynics like yourself always love an opportunity to let us
> all know exactly how sad you are!

Okay, here's the slightly longer answer. And you are absolutely correct,
I am sad and lonely, but that's not why I answered the way I did. You
*can* copy the .vob files over and it's really just that easy. But
assuming you've not trained your video player to recognize them, you may
have to change the file extension name to .mpg or .avi to get them to
play. Now that's not really all that difficult, is it?

Now it's another matter if the files are encrypted, that's why I
mentioned "ripping". Someone else is giving you good advice on
decrypting the files. I hope you have good luck with the project.

- old cynic

Tanel Kagan

> Does the term "copy and paste" mean anything to you, Bunky? Next week,
> we'll go into "rip" as the word of the day.

And does the phrase "you obviously don't have a clue" mean anything to you?
You can't stick a DVD in, hit Ctrl + C, then paste it somewhere.

Next week, we'll go into "how to humiliate yourself in the newsgroups" as
topic of the day.

Tanel.