Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > VHDL test bench stimuli; reading from a file with control

VHDL test bench stimuli; reading from a file with control

janaka janaka is offline
Junior Member

Hello everyone ..

I am trying to simulate a vhdl component which needs to read some data but it should pause reading when a “ready for data” (RFD) output signal coming from the component is low and recommences reading when that signal is high. Can I achieve this when I am reading the data from a file? If so could you please let me know the method? Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks so much

Jan

veevee1 veevee1 is offline
Junior Member

loop --or some structure where file is read
if RFD = '0' then
wait until RFD = '1';
end if;
readline...
read....

end loop;

VHDL Test Bench + Help SneakerNet VHDL 3 03-03-2010 09:00 AM
VCS simulation for VHDL DUT and Verilog test bench kartikey VHDL 0 12-18-2007 02:54 PM
VHDL Test Bench Package Release ken.campbell@edgewater.ca VHDL 0 05-17-2007 03:00 PM
VHDL test bench with quartus 2? How ? picnanard VHDL 1 03-07-2007 03:29 PM