Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using HttpRequest Class

Using HttpRequest Class

=?Utf-8?B?SHVzYW0=?=

Hi EveryBody:

Is there any way by using HttpRequest Class to control the user request ?

to make my question clear for example:
how can I know If the user request http://www.yahoo.com and transfer its
request to http://www.google.com.

any help will be appreciated

regard's

husam

Ben Schwehn

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:16:01 -0700, Husam wrote:
> Is there any way by using HttpRequest Class to control the user request
> ?
>
> to make my question clear for example: how can I know If the user
> request http://www.yahoo.com and transfer its request to
> http://www.google.com.

Hello Husam,

For this you have to either control the server at yahoo.com, or force
your users to use a proxyserver that you control.

What are you trying to archieve?
If a user request a page on *your* server and you want to redirect, it's
a simple matter of calling response.Redirect, Server.Transfer or
HttpServerUtility.TansferRequest (for IIS7)

Ben