Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > cant find drivers

cant find drivers

=?Utf-8?B?UlVCSVRB?=

i installed windows xp professional x64 edition on hp pavilion a6130n desktop
that originally came with vista premium,cannot connect to internet cause i'm
missing the drivers called NETWORK CONTROLLER,other PCI BRIDGE DEVICE,SM BUS
CONTROLLER
where can i find them , how can i install them.i got another pc.
i truly hate vista.
THANKS

Charlie Russel - MVP

You need to contact HP about drivers for their hardware. If they don't
provide 64bit XP drivers, you'll likely have to run 32-bit XP, or go back to
Vista. Drivers are the responsibility of the OEM.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"RUBITA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i installed windows xp professional x64 edition on hp pavilion a6130n
>desktop
> that originally came with vista premium,cannot connect to internet cause
> i'm
> missing the drivers called NETWORK CONTROLLER,other PCI BRIDGE DEVICE,SM
> BUS
> CONTROLLER
> where can i find them , how can i install them.i got another pc.
> i truly hate vista.
> THANKS

Tony Sperling

Your machine has the nVidia chipset and if HP doesn't provide 64bit drivers,
there's a fat chance you can use something else - they do exist. As for the
nVidia Firewall (Network Controller!) you usually have to install it and
then specifically un-install it (after re-booting) to have your i-net
connection see things in the Cyber Universe.

Tony. . .

"RUBITA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i installed windows xp professional x64 edition on hp pavilion a6130n

desktop
> that originally came with vista premium,cannot connect to internet cause

i'm
> missing the drivers called NETWORK CONTROLLER,other PCI BRIDGE DEVICE,SM

BUS
> CONTROLLER
> where can i find them , how can i install them.i got another pc.
> i truly hate vista.
> THANKS

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Tony:
I checked NVidia's site and they don't seem to have drivers for the
NForce430 chipset with integrated graphics (6150)
That's the chipset that the OP's PC has according to:
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=346118
NVidia has drivers for the NForce430 chipset without the 6150 graphic card
for XP x64 here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_....26_11.09.html
He might try those under his own risk or, at least, do a selective
installation of the missing (unknown) devices.
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Your machine has the nVidia chipset and if HP doesn't provide 64bit drivers,
> there's a fat chance you can use something else - they do exist. As for the
> nVidia Firewall (Network Controller!) you usually have to install it and
> then specifically un-install it (after re-booting) to have your i-net
> connection see things in the Cyber Universe.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "RUBITA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > i installed windows xp professional x64 edition on hp pavilion a6130n

> desktop
> > that originally came with vista premium,cannot connect to internet cause

> i'm
> > missing the drivers called NETWORK CONTROLLER,other PCI BRIDGE DEVICE,SM

> BUS
> > CONTROLLER
> > where can i find them , how can i install them.i got another pc.
> > i truly hate vista.
> > THANKS

Tony Sperling

I admit, Carlos. HP probably fitted this with their own BIOS version, that
could be of consequence? I am also forgetting about all these numbers -
isn't that simply the generic NF4 chipset? That should work, I believe.

Again, this is one of the major reasons why I stopped buying Brand-Name
stuff - I want to know what's inside and I want the oportunity to exchange
any of it in the manner I see fit. HP are producing very high quality in my
mind, I trust them almost completely, but if something breaks, I have to
have them repair it for me. I won't know who build the motherboard and IF I
manage to fit something inside, it won't have a compatible BIOS.

It is true, though: experiment is called for, and no success guaranteed.

I'm having second thoughts. Perhaps it isn't even a very good idea?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony:
> I checked NVidia's site and they don't seem to have drivers for the
> NForce430 chipset with integrated graphics (6150)
> That's the chipset that the OP's PC has according to:
> http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=346118
> NVidia has drivers for the NForce430 chipset without the 6150 graphic card
> for XP x64 here:
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_....26_11.09.html
> He might try those under his own risk or, at least, do a selective
> installation of the missing (unknown) devices.
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > Your machine has the nVidia chipset and if HP doesn't provide 64bit

drivers,
> > there's a fat chance you can use something else - they do exist. As for

the
> > nVidia Firewall (Network Controller!) you usually have to install it and
> > then specifically un-install it (after re-booting) to have your i-net
> > connection see things in the Cyber Universe.
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "RUBITA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > i installed windows xp professional x64 edition on hp pavilion a6130n

> > desktop
> > > that originally came with vista premium,cannot connect to internet

cause
> > i'm
> > > missing the drivers called NETWORK CONTROLLER,other PCI BRIDGE

DEVICE,SM
> > BUS
> > > CONTROLLER
> > > where can i find them , how can i install them.i got another pc.
> > > i truly hate vista.
> > > THANKS

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Tony:
From my experience I have found that many times the different NF4's have the
same driver from NVidia, though in different packages.
I think it is worth a try, though it is up (your second thoughts) to the
OP's adrenaline and not ours.
I also agree with you with the do-it-yourself approach in my home PC.
It is a pleasure to select what you stick into it by a careful selection of
hardware and driver availability.
The same pleasure women feel when they go shopping!
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> I admit, Carlos. HP probably fitted this with their own BIOS version, that
> could be of consequence? I am also forgetting about all these numbers -
> isn't that simply the generic NF4 chipset? That should work, I believe.
>
> Again, this is one of the major reasons why I stopped buying Brand-Name
> stuff - I want to know what's inside and I want the oportunity to exchange
> any of it in the manner I see fit. HP are producing very high quality in my
> mind, I trust them almost completely, but if something breaks, I have to
> have them repair it for me. I won't know who build the motherboard and IF I
> manage to fit something inside, it won't have a compatible BIOS.
>
> It is true, though: experiment is called for, and no success guaranteed.
>
> I'm having second thoughts. Perhaps it isn't even a very good idea?
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tony:
> > I checked NVidia's site and they don't seem to have drivers for the
> > NForce430 chipset with integrated graphics (6150)
> > That's the chipset that the OP's PC has according to:
> > http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=346118
> > NVidia has drivers for the NForce430 chipset without the 6150 graphic card
> > for XP x64 here:
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_....26_11.09.html
> > He might try those under his own risk or, at least, do a selective
> > installation of the missing (unknown) devices.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
> >
> > > Your machine has the nVidia chipset and if HP doesn't provide 64bit

> drivers,
> > > there's a fat chance you can use something else - they do exist. As for

> the
> > > nVidia Firewall (Network Controller!) you usually have to install it and
> > > then specifically un-install it (after re-booting) to have your i-net
> > > connection see things in the Cyber Universe.
> > >

> > > Tony. . .
> > >

> > > "RUBITA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > desktop

> cause
> > > i'm

> DEVICE,SM
> > > BUS

Tony Sperling

You may have something there, Carlos - I've never thought of it in those
terms. I have suspected for a long time that the shopping activity women
display, was something considerably more than just 'shopping'. Carefully
picking the best from an abundant selection. Typical definition of
'Foraging', I would say.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony: