Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Belkin Pre-N Router Problem - Continued

Belkin Pre-N Router Problem - Continued

Danisoid

This is an additional post.

My problem with the Belkin Pre-N router continues. The wireless
functionality now completely collapses after one day or two.
Had a chat with the Belkin tech support who was clueless and who could only
recommend some basic changes to the setting.
The phenomenon is now accentuated. Performances on the wireless system very
quickly decreases till unworkable. Router resetting is working...which is a
tiny consolation.
A similar problem was also reported in an article by David Haskin, published
on 12/29/04 in SmallBizPipeline.

So I did my last changes to the wireless setting - most of the options OFF
and 811G only. Stay tuned !

When will Belkin fix this problem? Have not seen any Firmware update yet !
--
Danisoid

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

It could be that your router is on its way out(defective). I work for a WISP,
and we install several routers a day, and we come across new routers that are
defective almost daily.

"Danisoid" wrote:

> This is an additional post.
>
> My problem with the Belkin Pre-N router continues. The wireless
> functionality now completely collapses after one day or two.
> Had a chat with the Belkin tech support who was clueless and who could only
> recommend some basic changes to the setting.
> The phenomenon is now accentuated. Performances on the wireless system very
> quickly decreases till unworkable. Router resetting is working...which is a
> tiny consolation.
> A similar problem was also reported in an article by David Haskin, published
> on 12/29/04 in SmallBizPipeline.
>
> So I did my last changes to the wireless setting - most of the options OFF
> and 811G only. Stay tuned !
>
> When will Belkin fix this problem? Have not seen any Firmware update yet !
> --
> Danisoid

Danisoid

Good News
Since I switch to G only, things are now working fine without any hiccup. So
does that mean that B&G together does not work? I do not know.
For info, the config is:
Protected mode off
No ACK
QoS off