Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Braindump: How does it work?

Braindump: How does it work?

=?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

I've seen lots of discussion over this and would like to understand better,
not to use it, since it's cheating.

What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
Software and MeasureUp.

Thanks in advance.

The Rev [MCT]

You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test questions) and you
might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get certified, get a job as an
engineer and soon later fired because you have no idea what you're doing.

--
..rev.mct.mcngp.44

accepting it.
~Aristotle
..
"felipecpv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've seen lots of discussion over this and would like to understand
> better,
> not to use it, since it's cheating.
>
> What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
> Software and MeasureUp.
>
> Thanks in advance.

kpg

The Rev [MCT] <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
> AM) # You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
> questions) and you might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get
> certified, get a job as an engineer and soon later fired because you
> have no idea what you're doing.

But it looks GREAT on a resume!

Kline Sphere

> later fired because you have no idea what you're doing.

.... and sued for gross incompetence.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
>> AM) # You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
>> questions) and you might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get
>> certified, get a job as an engineer and soon later fired because you
>> have no idea what you're doing.

>But it looks GREAT on a resume!

what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil

did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

being a developer, I don't think the MCSE would hold as much value for
you anyways.

those of us on the infrastructure side (like Maggie for example) might
find having it on there a tad more useful.

I don't put certs on my resume now (or on my business cards - not enough
space), just that I hold/have held certifications from various vendors
with details available on request.

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- PARODY ERROR: Cannot locate file WEIRD_AL.EXE

Kline Sphere

>those of us on the infrastructure side (like Maggie for example) might
>find having it on there a tad more useful.

You mean ol' Maggie's a dike? I mean, what use would she have for a
chick magnet???

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil

did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You mean ol' Maggie's a dike? I mean, what use would she have for a
> chick magnet???

yes, I believe he is a dyke...

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- If my PATH gets any bigger, it's gonna be a FREEWAY!!

Rowdy Yates

Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
>>> AM) # You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
>>> questions) and you might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get
>>> certified, get a job as an engineer and soon later fired because you
>>> have no idea what you're doing.

>>But it looks GREAT on a resume!

> what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

damn right. i don't list MCSE on my res. I am ashamed of it.

Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/
--
"Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
CBIC, circa 2005

Briscobar

felipecpv <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> I've seen lots of discussion over this and would like to understand
> better, not to use it, since it's cheating.
>
> What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
> Software and MeasureUp.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Well, MCNGP guys, I'm a little disappointed that no one actually explained
what a braindump is to the OP. I know we've been over it a billion times,
but IMO, cheating is worse than being lazy, and I'll discourage that at any
cost, even if it is spoonfeeding the lazy.

So, here goes: Braindump sites generally pay people to take the exams. These
people then write down as many of the questions and answers as they can
remember (they "dump" their brains), and turn them in. The braindump sites
then sell you these questions (sometimes poorly worded, misleading, and the
answers are often straight-up wrong). The problem isn't people studying
practice exams. The problem is people are studying from the REAL (or close
to real) exam. This gives an unfair advantage, not to mention a violation of
MS's NDA.

Stick with your Transcender and Measure up. They're original questions based
on the concepts needed to pass the relevant exam. They're not ACTUAL exam
questions.

Hope that cleared it up for you.

--
KB