Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Google's 'share your story' group !! Taken down

Google's 'share your story' group !! Taken down

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

this group came up in "my groups" on google.com With a google logo.

I don't know if it was set up by Google. It was called "share your
story". People posted endless posts about how things were garbage..
google kept redesigning things, features vanished.

Now the group's down, and almost in the dustbin of history..

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

Consecutive posts like this!

the very basics
Recently left YAHOO for Google. In YAHOO, ny documents are kept in
a, let's say, file cabinet. I can open it and peruse all the files
inside. Google asks me what file I want. I don't know the names.
Additionally, when I tried linking to a file that I'd saved, Google
told me that the file didn't exist. Hoepfully, I am doing something...
more
By http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) - Sep 3 - 2 new of 2
messages

What happened to tags? Loss of flexibility for me
I teach online, and use gDocs to collaborate with my fellow teacher.
With tags, we could sort by student, by assignment, by graded or not
graded, etc. Imagine my suprise, when I came back after summer break
to discover, "NO TAGS"! With folders, we are really limited. We can
have a folder for each assignment, or we can have a folder for each
student, but we can't... more
By (E-Mail Removed) - Aug 29 - 2 new of 2 messages

Did we hit the reverse gear on innovation, or this is just a
phase....?
I have been using gdocs ever since I accidently bumped into this
feature. So far I have convinced atleast 2 people besides me to use
this feature. And they were as happy as I am till one day; when it all
changed. One fine day I saw all these ugly looking folders instead of
the labels in gDocs. I have to admin being a gDoc freak ( I have 3
accounts used for... more
By BornGoogler - Aug 29 - 1 new of 1 message

Giving up on gDocs - boo folders!
When google documents (gDocs) arrived on the scene, it as a godsend.
Not only is it great for archiving online articles that will soon
disappear from the original source site, they are also a great way to
keep lists and personal notes. Combined with firefox shortcuts, gDocs
are a very powerful tool. I use... more
By greenLED - Aug 29 - 1 new of 1 message

Uploading Spreadsheets to Google Documents a Waste of Time
Whenever I try to upload a spreadsheet (which is well below the size
limit) I get the message: "We're sorry, but we were unable to upload
this document." I also tried emailing the spreadsheet from my gmail
account following the instructions given at google documents. Nothing
happens. No spreadsheet arrives via email.... more
By (E-Mail Removed) - Aug 28 - 2 new of 2 messages