Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > TB read message question

TB read message question

Frank

In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.
Thanks,
Frank

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Frank wrote:
> In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
> I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
> how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.
> Thanks,
> Frank

have you created a filter for that newsgroup? Click on
Tools, Message Filters and take a look.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Miguel Guedes

Frank wrote:
> In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
> I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
> how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.

My guess is your usenet service provider uses different retention policies for
different newsgroups.

By default Thunderbird uses the server default retention policy, which you can
configure by right-clicking on a newsgroup in the folders view and then
clicking on properties. Go to the "Retention Policy" tab to see (and change)
how Thunderbird handles old messages.

--
Miguel

Frank

Miguel Guedes wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> In some ng's my read messages are deleted and in some they are retained.
>> I cannot figure out what I did to make this difference. If anyone knows
>> how I can retain all read messages, I would like to know.

> My guess is your usenet service provider uses different retention policies for
> different newsgroups.
>
> By default Thunderbird uses the server default retention policy, which you can
> configure by right-clicking on a newsgroup in the folders view and then
> clicking on properties. Go to the "Retention Policy" tab to see (and change)
> how Thunderbird handles old messages.
>
> --
> Miguel

Thanks, that appears to be problem. I clicked off server defaults and
told not to delete. TB help had been no help.

Frank