Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > mcse study material

mcse study material

=?Utf-8?B?YW1pdGVzaHdhcjAx?=

dont u think that all the information that is given in mspress books is
already on the product documentation and tech ref section in technet ? and
considering this fact , do u people still recomend to buy mspress books for
mcse ? i know that they are better organized but still , its not that
difficult !
????????

CG101

"amiteshwar01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> dont u think that all the information that is given in mspress books is
> already on the product documentation and tech ref section in technet ? and
> considering this fact , do u people still recomend to buy mspress books

for
> mcse ? i know that they are better organized but still , its not that
> difficult !
> ????????

I am using MS-Press books and I would recommend them or Sybex. Right now I'm
starting with 70-270 and will be doing all the hands-on exercises to fill in
any holes I might have for the real exam. I will let you know hopefully by
the end of the month how I do.

--
Cruz
CompTIA A+ Certified, CompTIA Network+ Certified

Lasher

=?Utf-8?B?YW1pdGVzaHdhcjAx?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> dont u think that all the information that is given in mspress books
> is already on the product documentation and tech ref section in
> technet ? and considering this fact , do u people still recomend to
> buy mspress books for mcse ? i know that they are better organized
> but still , its not that difficult !
> ????????

I think that the MSPress books contains information that is
complementary to the information on Technet. If you study the MSPress
books you will have a solid foundation combined with experience and a
good study habit on things you do not understand to pass the test.

As far as it being more difficult, that question seems to be oxy-moronic
to the entire process of becoming a MCSE. If challenge and change is
not something that you're willing to adapt to, then I would advise that
the MCSE is not for you.

Lasher
--
MCNGP #50
There's no place like MCNGP!

FrisbeeŽ

"amiteshwar01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> dont u think that all the information that is given in mspress books is
> already on the product documentation and tech ref section in technet ? and
> considering this fact , do u people still recomend to buy mspress books
> for
> mcse ? i know that they are better organized but still , its not that
> difficult !
> ????????

There is no one correct answer, different people learn in different ways.
You could, in theory at least, learn all you need to know to pass most of
your exams simply by reading the help files that come with the O/S. You can
obviously gleam even more information from the technical docs and technet,
as you said. Others do need third-party books. Still others resort to
cheating. Above all, there is no replacement for hands-on experience. Best
of luck in your quest.

I'd point to our web site to answer your question posed in your other post,
but our provider is currently FUBAR.

You're sure to see plenty of replies to that post from some of our
detractors. Just take it with a grain of salt, and perhaps a dose of
pennicillin.

Frisbee, MCNGP #13

Kline Sphere

>dont u think that all the information that is given in mspress books is
>already on the product documentation and tech ref section in technet ? and
>considering this fact , do u people still recomend to buy mspress books for
>mcse ?

For the very reason you have stated, I personally would not recommend
buying any books with MCSE, MCSD, etc in the title. Having said that,
everyone to their own.

microsoft provide excellent (often free) resources which cover
everything you need to pass these exams, [unfortunately?] even if you
have no real world experience of using the product.

btw, I find the non certification mspress books by and large to be
very good.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3