Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > AMS

Hosszu Gabor

Hello,

Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

Thax

Gábor

Paul Floyd

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:24:37 +0200, Hosszu Gabor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?=
>=20
> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

Hi

Well, I can say that at least Mentor Graphics has customers that use
VHDL-AMS. Unlike digital VHDL, VHDL-AMS is simulation only, at least for
the foreseeable future.

A bientot
Paul
(Not speaking for Mentor Graphics)

sameerkher

On Sep 19, 3:24 am, Hosszu Gabor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?
>
> Thax
>
> Gábor

Google VHDL-AMS to get results. http://www.eda.org/vhdl-ams/ is a good
starting point to get an idea about the state of the language. The
language definition has been around since 1999 - it is definitely not
in any evaluation period. There are currently several simulators that
support VHDL-AMS that are quite stable - Simplorer, Saber,
SystemVision, SMASH, to name a few.

Paul Floyd

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:40:25 -0000, sameerkher <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 3:24 am, Hosszu Gabor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
>> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

> Google VHDL-AMS to get results. http://www.eda.org/vhdl-ams/ is a good
> starting point to get an idea about the state of the language. The
> language definition has been around since 1999 - it is definitely not
> in any evaluation period. There are currently several simulators that
> support VHDL-AMS that are quite stable - Simplorer, Saber,
> SystemVision, SMASH, to name a few.

Ahem. Not forgetting ADVance-MS, of course.

moogyd@yahoo.co.uk

On 19 Sep, 09:24, Hosszu Gabor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?
>
> Thax
>
> Gábor

We are extensively using VHDL-AMS within our organization for complex
mixed signal system simulations.

FYI, we are using Cadence.

Steven

VHDL-AMS MOS Level3 Stefan Klein VHDL 0 08-12-2005 11:24 AM
VHDL-AMS problem Tao Chen VHDL 0 06-14-2005 08:58 PM
Question on Frequency Response- VHDL AMS Omar VHDL 0 10-11-2004 01:58 PM
VHDL-AMS ,This circuit exhibits singularity Steffen Netz VHDL 0 05-03-2004 11:45 AM
Question about Discontinuity in VHDL-AMS jackshowme VHDL 0 10-22-2003 06:06 AM

Advertisments