Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't see one computer on Wireless Network

Can't see one computer on Wireless Network

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBU?=

Hi,

This problem has been a moving target for quite some time. My main PC is
connected by ethernet cable to my Router and the wireless Linksys router. The
DSL modem is plugged into the router. My old P3 has a Linksys wireless card
as does my third computer which is a P4. My Macbook has wireless capabilities
as well.

All of my computers can access the internet. However, my wireless P3 cannot
access my wireless P4 yet that P4 can access the P3. The P3 can access my
main computer just not the P4. This P4 has had this problem "off and on" for
several months. I've tried using the Linksys software that came with the
router and wireless nic cards and it really didn't seem to be very solid. I
uninstalled the Linksys software and things were well for a while. There must
be a setting somewhere on the P4 or that P3 that is preventing them from
communicating. I've tried many things over the last several months and
perhaps the registry on one of these machines is messed up or maybe I've
missed something in the network settings. Today's error message when trying
to install a network printer was that the server was not accepting a remote
request. Or words to that effect. Any ideas? I apologise if this is
confusing. Tks!

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

If you turn off the firewall, can you ping P4 from P3 by IP? if yes, can you ping it by name?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Dave T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.