Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Weird Dell Inspiron 6000 Problem

Weird Dell Inspiron 6000 Problem

R. G. Murray

Hello
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 that appears to work perfect , but it has a
weird problem.
If I press the power on button with the battery & AC adapter in there. No
power. If I take away both power sources. Then plug in the adapter it will
boot up into windows & work perfect all day. All by itself. Do not need to
press power button.
Same with the battery. With no adapter plugged in it will power on by itself
after inserting the battery.
It will not power on if either one of the power sources are there , but if I
take away the power then put it back in , then it powers on by itself.
Any suggestions
Thanks
ron