Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Geotagging Photos- New cross-platform open-source tool

Geotagging Photos- New cross-platform open-source tool

Usenet Messages

Geotag http://geotag.sourceforge.net/ is a new (about a month old)
application that will geotag all your photos (including proprietary
RAW and DNG formats) with data downloaded directly from a GPS unit, or
GPS track files in GPX format, or directly via a Google Map or Google
Earth interface.

It runs under Windows, OSX and Linux. It's a (good looking) Java app
that interfaces with the command-line versions of ExifTool, GPSBabel
and dcraw, and uses the API's for Google Map and Google Earth.

Very cool stuff! Just what I was looking for to compliment my me
dSLR. The author is responsive to bug reports and feature requests. I
just wish he would change the name of the program, as it's going to
get buried in a google search!