Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipcheap & caller-id (FritzBox)

Voipcheap & caller-id (FritzBox)

Sinna

TheFug wrote:
> Sinna schreef:
>> TheFug wrote:

>>> Yep, but it's also a question of keywords and terms, your step by
>>> step guide does realy a good job, a lot of users already searched for
>>> this, but got, until now, no clear answer for it.
>>> As a first time user, of the SPA3102, you get a shock, when you see
>>> how much things you can set....when i got my answer from you, i first
>>> did a factory reset, thru the dial **** menu, and then followed the
>>> step by step guide, i only changed from VoipCheap.com to VoipBuster,
>>> and i notice that Caller ID works better now, with VoipCheap it
>>> didn't work every time correctly..
>>>

>> Strange, I'm using VoipCheap as it is cheaper to call mobile phones
>> (12ct/min instead of 20ct/min), and my girlfriend never complained
>> (yet?) my phone number was not revealed (my girlfriend is the only one
>> I call on the cellphone ).
>>
>> Sinna

> Oops, i didn't know the price difference, VoipBuster is Dutch/German
> based, VoipCheap is USA based, but that can't be the reason, of my
> landline in CID "effect".. (Dollar is also cheap i guess)
> Sometimes, when i call in with my GSM on my landline, the Dutch voice
> claims my number doesn't exists, while i hear my landline phone
> ringing.. i guess all that VoIPing confuses those (KPN) switchboards...
>
> btw. i'll set VoipCheap on gw1, and hope my CID doesn't dissappear, on
> VoipBuster on outgoing calls.. but... you can actualy register one SIP,
> and fill-in/use another on gw1 ?
> So there's a difference in SIP providers, some don't registration, in de
> Subscriber Information collum, on the LINE1 tab page ? (admin
> advanced) (SPA3102)

AFAIK VoipBuster, VoipCheap and others are all clones of the german
Betamax company. To compare prices, go to http://www.backsla.sh/betamax.
Note however that not all clones support the SIP-protocol!

Sinna

Jono

TheFug pretended :

>>> But that's a web based service ? or isn't it ?
>>> how do you "integrate" that ? could you give an example ?

>> Brian A has a detailed site explaining all things SPA3XXX/Voxalot, however,
>> his site seems to have disappeared.

Brian A has now put his site back up. Some very useful SPA info on it.

<http://www.leafcom.co.uk/>

TheFug

Jono schreef:
> TheFug pretended :

>>> Brian A has a detailed site explaining all things SPA3XXX/Voxalot,
>>> however, his site seems to have disappeared.

> Brian A has now put his site back up. Some very useful SPA info on it.
>
> <http://www.leafcom.co.uk/>

I guess the info is a little old, i understand Voxilla isn't free
anymore, but still it's cheap i guess..
www.mysipswitch.com/ is free, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysipswitch
It's an Open Source project, i discovered, it's young.... it has support,
http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/ind...92189814c1a787

Thankyou for the link: www.leafcom.co.uk/ (shame about the ads though..)
but i guess one has to have living ....

--
The Fug.

TheFug

Oldie schreef:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Sinna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Philippe Deleye wrote:
>>> I'm using the FritzBox with Voipcheap for outgoing calls
>>> I have registered my landline caller-id (format 003256xxxx) with Voipcheap
>>> client.
>>> This worked for many months now ....

>> I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
>> recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
>> charm.

> I can confirm this. I had the same problem with Voipdiscount and when I
> checked the client the verifications had gone. I re-verified and now
> Caller ID now works well from my ATA and also via Voxalot. Seems as if
> you to have to check it regularly.
>
> I haven't worked out the timing but it could be related to the top-up.
> When you think about it there is a logic in it because you could well
> have moved and lost your true number at some stage. Would be nice to
> have a reminder though.
>
> Oldie

Same story here also, CID works fine with my 3102, but now with my Dutch
analog phone proivider, when i call my landline, afther 8 or ten rings
the switchboard voice says that my telephone number doesn't exists, and
i have to check it, or try later, sometimes it's also an in American
with also typical (US)acsent sounding voice, confused switchboards ?
very strange....

--
The Fug.

Philippe Deleye

"TheFug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47012d9a$0$13746$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Oops, i didn't know the price difference, VoipBuster is Dutch/German
> based, VoipCheap is USA based, but that can't be the reason, of my
> landline in CID "effect".. (Dollar is also cheap i guess)

What do you mean with "Dutch/German based or USA based" ??
All Betamax clones are using exatly the same server ... just with different
names...
They all behave exatly the same way (some features depending on the country
you used during registration)