Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voipcheap & caller-id (FritzBox)

Voipcheap & caller-id (FritzBox)

Jono

TheFug was thinking very hard :
> Jono schreef:
>> TheFug explained on 28/09/2007 :

>>> It works for me on GW1 !

>> Oh.
>>
>> I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account, however,
>> no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
>>
>> On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no User
>> ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
>> working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you actually
>> meant Line 1
>>

> Sorry, my previous post is incorrect !
> You should only do this "trick" in the section "Subscriber Information"
> UserID: +31xxxxxxxxx (LINE1 tab)
> The settings at the bottom, should be normal..

That's what I thought. It doesn't work on @gw accounts.

TheFug

Jono schreef:
> TheFug was thinking very hard :
>> Jono schreef:
>>> TheFug explained on 28/09/2007 :

>>> Oh.
>>>
>>> I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account,
>>> however, no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password,
>>> no User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've
>>> got it working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1,
>>> you actually meant Line 1
>>>

>> Sorry, my previous post is incorrect !
>> You should only do this "trick" in the section "Subscriber Information"
>> UserID: +31xxxxxxxxx (LINE1 tab)
>> The settings at the bottom, should be normal..

> That's what I thought. It doesn't work on @gw accounts.

Well... it shouldn't work there, because i guess you "missed the point",
If you're using the SPA3102, your gateway account, you need that to
log in at your ITSP, to make the connection, otherwise,... your
telephone company has blocked the use of it, on it's switchboard, here
in the Netherlands it works fine, i have to say that i had to set my
dialing method to DTMF (Finland, Sweden) other settings left to
untouched/default
But my SPA3102 is a European version (EU)

--
The Fug.

Jono

TheFug pretended :
> Jono schreef:
>> TheFug was thinking very hard :

>>> Sorry, my previous post is incorrect !
>>> You should only do this "trick" in the section "Subscriber Information"
>>> UserID: +31xxxxxxxxx (LINE1 tab)
>>> The settings at the bottom, should be normal..

>> That's what I thought. It doesn't work on @gw accounts.
>>

> Well... it shouldn't work there, because i guess you "missed the point"

I've certainly missed the point now! It was you who said you had it
working on @gw1.....did you not?

> If you're using the SPA3102, your gateway account, you need that to log in
> at your ITSP, to make the connection,

No registration necessary; not with the likes of voipcheap. You can
make calls without registration, with simply username, password &
server address

> otherwise,... your telephone company
> has blocked the use of it, on it's switchboard, here in the Netherlands it
> works fine, i have to say that i had to set my dialing method to DTMF
> (Finland, Sweden) other settings left to untouched/default
> But my SPA3102 is a European version (EU)

I have presentation number working fine with Voipcheap.com on my
Asterisk server. I can also make it work fine on Line One VoIP provider
of the SPA - what I cannot do is present my home phone number on
outbound calls when using @gw1, @gw2, @gw3 etc

TheFug

Jono schreef:
> TheFug pretended :
>> Jono schreef:
>>> TheFug was thinking very hard :

>>> That's what I thought. It doesn't work on @gw accounts.
>>>

>> Well... it shouldn't work there, because i guess you "missed the point"

> I've certainly missed the point now! It was you who said you had it
> working on @gw1.....did you not?
>
>> If you're using the SPA3102, your gateway account, you need that to
>> log in at your ITSP, to make the connection,

> No registration necessary; not with the likes of voipcheap. You can make
> calls without registration, with simply username, password & server address
>
>> otherwise,... your telephone company has blocked the use of it, on
>> it's switchboard, here in the Netherlands it works fine, i have to say
>> that i had to set my dialing method to DTMF (Finland, Sweden) other
>> settings left to untouched/default
>> But my SPA3102 is a European version (EU)

> I have presentation number working fine with Voipcheap.com on my
> Asterisk server. I can also make it work fine on Line One VoIP provider
> of the SPA - what I cannot do is present my home phone number on
> outbound calls when using @gw1, @gw2, @gw3 etc

i for now, have set only one sip account in the SPA3102, and i guess
it's a trick with limited use.
I noticed also, that my DTMF setting works unstable, ETSI FSK works best
now i noticed, for incomming call ID's my outgoing call ID works like
a charm.

btw. a strange thing i noticed on my phone's call ID is, normaly it
shows the callers phone number, and the "connecting" name of the caller
from it's "phone book" but now i notice when i dial from my gsm to
myself, it shows my gsm number, but not the/my name it should display
from it's phone book...... strange....

--
The Fug.

TheFug

TheFug schreef:
> Jono schreef:
>> TheFug pretended :

>>> Well... it shouldn't work there, because i guess you "missed the point"

>> I've certainly missed the point now! It was you who said you had it
>> working on @gw1.....did you not?

I guess you can do the trick, only for one provider, gw1 in my case,
Because you have only one "Subscriber Information" chapter on the Line1
tab-page..
with on line: UserID: +31xxxxxxxxx
+ login info for that ITSP, Display name: you can fill in what you want...
You can try by leaving the other gw accounts blank, that's your
"conflict" perhaps...

--
The Fug.

Sinna

TheFug wrote:
> Sinna schreef:
>> TheFug wrote:
>>>>

>>> How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
>>> registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster
>>>

>> Step-by-step guide:
>> - Log in as Administrator
>> - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
>> - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
>> didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
>> - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
>> +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
>> - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
>> - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
>> - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
>> - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
>> - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
>>
>> Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
>> Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Sinna

> Yes ! it works ! Thankyou veeeeeeery much !

No prob - Graag gedaan.

It was quite difficult to get it working, but when combining the
knowledge of several people trying to accomplish it, it usually works.
The only thing left is to create a step-by-step guide to serve those who
want the same.
I hope this tutorial will be useful for many people. When using Google,
they'll surely find this message.

Have a nice weekend,
Sinna

Oldie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

(snipped)

> I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account,
> however, no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
>
> On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no
> User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
> working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you
> actually meant Line 1

You can also do it by using Voxalot. I have set up my Voipdiscount
account several times in Voxalot as different "providers", each with a
different authorised Caller ID in the "From User" field. Then I set up a
simple dialplan (in Voxalot) with an prefix for each which I dial before
the destination number. That does the trick.

I use an SPA-3102, and it works fine with Voxalot on a gw.

Oldie

TheFug

Sinna schreef:
> TheFug wrote:
>> Sinna schreef:

>>> Step-by-step guide:
>>> - Log in as Administrator
>>> - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
>>> - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
>>> didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
>>> - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
>>> +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
>>> - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
>>> - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
>>> - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
>>> - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
>>> - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
>>>
>>> Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
>>> Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Sinna

>> Yes ! it works ! Thankyou veeeeeeery much !
>>

> No prob - Graag gedaan.
>
> It was quite difficult to get it working, but when combining the
> knowledge of several people trying to accomplish it, it usually works.
> The only thing left is to create a step-by-step guide to serve those who
> want the same.
> I hope this tutorial will be useful for many people. When using Google,
> they'll surely find this message.
>
> Have a nice weekend,
> Sinna

Yep, but it's also a question of keywords and terms, your step by step
guide does realy a good job, a lot of users already searched for this,
but got, until now, no clear answer for it.
As a first time user, of the SPA3102, you get a shock, when you see how
much things you can set....when i got my answer from you, i first did a
factory reset, thru the dial **** menu, and then followed the step by
step guide, i only changed from VoipCheap.com to VoipBuster, and i
notice that Caller ID works better now, with VoipCheap it didn't work
every time correctly..

--
The Fug.

TheFug

Oldie schreef:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> (snipped)
>
>> I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account,
>> however, no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
>>
>> On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no
>> User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
>> working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you
>> actually meant Line 1

> You can also do it by using Voxalot. I have set up my Voipdiscount
> account several times in Voxalot as different "providers", each with a
> different authorised Caller ID in the "From User" field. Then I set up a
> simple dialplan (in Voxalot) with an prefix for each which I dial before
> the destination number. That does the trick.
>
> I use an SPA-3102, and it works fine with Voxalot on a gw.
>
> Oldie

But that's a web based service ? or isn't it ?
how do you "integrate" that ? could you give an example ?

--
The Fug.

Jono

TheFug laid this down on his screen :
> Oldie schreef:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> (snipped)
>>
>>> I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account, however,
>>> no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no
>>> User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
>>> working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you
>>> actually meant Line 1

>> You can also do it by using Voxalot. I have set up my Voipdiscount account
>> several times in Voxalot as different "providers", each with a different
>> authorised Caller ID in the "From User" field. Then I set up a simple
>> dialplan (in Voxalot) with an prefix for each which I dial before the
>> destination number. That does the trick.
>>
>> I use an SPA-3102, and it works fine with Voxalot on a gw.
>>
>> Oldie

> But that's a web based service ? or isn't it ?
> how do you "integrate" that ? could you give an example ?

Brian A has a detailed site explaining all things SPA3XXX/Voxalot,
however, his site seems to have disappeared.

Hopefully, he will be along to answer your query.

Voxalot is indeed web-based. However, you would set it up between
yourself & your ITSP.

Your SPA would register with Voxalot & Voxalot would register with
Voipcheap.

As a result, you could have 3 or 4 Voxalot registrations for each of
your desired outbound CLIs. Then simply set each one up as a gateway
account on your SPA.