Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't find support website for soundcard

Can't find support website for soundcard

NOTTNICK

This is driving me crazy.
I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Nick

Gordon

"NOTTNICK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is driving me crazy.
> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
>
> Nick

using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the Google search I
got their home page 7th link down.....

http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm

VanguardLH

"NOTTNICK" wrote ...
> This is driving me crazy.
> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.

So the only way you can find a web site for a known vendor is to use
Google? How about just trying the vendor's name as the web site?

NOTTNICK

Gordon wrote:
> "NOTTNICK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is driving me crazy.
>> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
>> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
>> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
>> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Nick

> using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the Google search I
> got their home page 7th link down.....
>
> http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm

Thanks for that
I thought I'd tried about everything possible!
Ironic that the sequence I type in 24hd turned out to be the winning
combination!!

NOTTNICK

VanguardLH wrote:
> "NOTTNICK" wrote ...
>> This is driving me crazy.
>> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
>> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
>> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
>> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.

> So the only way you can find a web site for a known vendor is to use
> Google? How about just trying the vendor's name as the web site?

Oh shucks
It's been a long day!
I'm not usually so dense.
Point taken, wrists firmly slapped.

Blinky the Shark

NOTTNICK wrote:

> Gordon wrote:
>> "NOTTNICK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> This is driving me crazy.
>>> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
>>> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
>>> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
>>> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.
>>> Any ideas?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Nick

>> using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the
>> Google search I got their home page 7th link down.....
>>
>> http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm
>>

> Thanks for that
> I thought I'd tried about everything possible!
> Ironic that the sequence I type in 24hd turned out to be the
> winning combination!!

Googling on only the keyword

xitel

brings up their home page (not surprisingly xitel.com) as the
first hit. Did you actually Google *at all*?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

VanguardLH wrote:

> "NOTTNICK" wrote ...
>> This is driving me crazy.
>> I have an Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card.
>> It is malfunctioning and I want to check on it's driver.
>> However I cannot find the manufacturer's web site.
>> Googling just gives me pages of places to buy it.

> So the only way you can find a web site for a known vendor is to
> use Google? How about just trying the vendor's name as the web
> site?

And even using Google, searching on xitel predictably produces
xitel.com as its first hit.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> NOTTNICK wrote:
>
>> Gordon wrote:
>>> "NOTTNICK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> using "Xitel USB Pro HiFi-Link sound card drivers" as the
>>> Google search I got their home page 7th link down.....
>>>
>>> http://www.xitel.com/USA/prod_hflpc_reviews.htm
>>>

>> Thanks for that
>> I thought I'd tried about everything possible!
>> Ironic that the sequence I type in 24hd turned out to be the
>> winning combination!!
>>

> Googling on only the keyword
>
> xitel
>
> brings up their home page (not surprisingly xitel.com) as the
> first hit. Did you actually Google *at all*?

Look - I'm stupid!!
One track mind...just tried the pro link with Xitel
I really did spend about 15 minutes!!