Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > RE: Networking XP and Win 98

RE: Networking XP and Win 98

=?Utf-8?B?Q0c=?=

I am getting the same error when I ran this setup disk on my '98 machine. my
wireless is a USB device, I wonder if that is what the problem is. Both
computers can share the DSL internet connecting, but can't see each other.

I hope someone can anwers this question. Good luck, for now I will get a
memory stick and use my snicker-net connection.

CG

"Nick R" wrote:

> I have set up a wireless network with a desktop and laptop both running XP
> home. I am trying to connect a further desktop to the network but although
> it is happily sharing the broadband internet connection I cannot connect it
> to the network. When I run a network setup disc I get an error message
> stating that it cannot connect to the network because it does not recognise
> any network device. This is getting extremely frustrating and I would
> appreciate any advice.

Carey Holzman

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey