Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > NT4.0 1999 vintage MCSE - Am I still certified?

NT4.0 1999 vintage MCSE - Am I still certified?

=?Utf-8?B?b2xkLXRpbWVy?=

I know that I can upgrade my certification but I don't want to do that, I
just need to know where I can find out whether my MCSE certification is still
valid. Searching around the microsoft sites seems to imply that the
qualification still hasn't become invalid, but I can't find any evidence to
prove that it is still valid. Any clues?

=?Utf-8?B?b2xkLXRpbWVy?=

As per usual, soon after I post the question I think I have found the answer,
which is yes!. See
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...uirements.mspx (last updat 7th
September 2007) which says in part:

The elective exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical
proficiency and expertise in solution design and implementation. MCSE
candidates should also have at least one year of experience implementing and
administering a network operating system, implementing and administering a
client operating system, and designing a network infrastructure. Individuals
who earned the MCSE certification on Windows NT 4.0 by February 28, 2001,
remain certified.

"old-timer" wrote:

> I know that I can upgrade my certification but I don't want to do that, I
> just need to know where I can find out whether my MCSE certification is still
> valid. Searching around the microsoft sites seems to imply that the
> qualification still hasn't become invalid, but I can't find any evidence to
> prove that it is still valid. Any clues?

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=

Not only are you still certified, but the number of you MCSE NT4 increased in
the last two months from 395,737 to 395,746. Of course, I don't think
Microsoft tracks whether certified people are dead or not, so the actual
number is somewhat less.