Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > UK number with voipstunt or any other operator ?

UK number with voipstunt or any other operator ?

Joao Saraiva

Hi All
Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
another operator ?
TIA

Tim

Joao Saraiva wrote:
> Hi All
> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
> another operator ?

*dons flame suit*

sipgate - works nicely, but don't expect to be able to phone them for
technical support.

Or you can get a month free with Gradwell, then 3ish pounds a month
thereafter.

Or voip.co.uk is 20 pounds a year for loads of inclusive calls with a
phone number included.

Depends what you want.

Tim

TheDragon

"Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
> another operator ?
> TIA

www.Draytel.org

offer incoming numbers. very good tech support

-Darren-

"TheDragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All
>> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
>> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
>> another operator ?
>> TIA
>>

> www.Draytel.org
>
> offer incoming numbers. very good tech support

i signed up with draytel last weeks - tech support is awful

got my device setup fine as per their recommendations, so i purchased 10
call credit

however when i dial, a voice tells me that i have no credit when i try and
make calls - they insist this is my device, but i am not convinced.

Henry Hooray

"Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
> another operator ?
> TIA

Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

TheDragon

"Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All
>> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
>> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
>> another operator ?
>> TIA

> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
> couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

Why do yuo say while it lasts??

I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of loosing
the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that matter.

mymail@hotmail.co.uk

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:32:14 +0300, "TheDragon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi All
>>> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
>>> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
>>> another operator ?
>>> TIA

>> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
>> couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

>Why do yuo say while it lasts??
>
>I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of loosing
>the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that matter.

I think he is confused at the start when I signed up there was mention
that at some point they may charging for the geographical number .

Henry Hooray

"TheDragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi All
>>> Over 1 year ago I got a 'London number' for FREE signing with voipstunt.
>>> That offer seems not to be available anymore, but does anyone know of
>>> another operator ?
>>> TIA

>> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay a
>> couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

> Why do yuo say while it lasts??
>
> I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of
> loosing the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that
> matter.

Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I receive
free from Sipgate!

alexd

Henry Hooray wrote:

> "TheDragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Incoming calls for free (while it lasts?) with Sipgate.co.uk - or I pay
>>> a couple of quid a month for a very good service with voipfone.co.uk.

>> Why do yuo say while it lasts??
>>
>> I have has SIpgate for years, and there has never been a mention of
>> loosing the free incoming Uk numbers, or any other country for that
>> matter.

> Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
> all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I
> receive free from Sipgate!

Is it really something for nothing? Don't Sipgate get a termination fee from
other carriers for terminating calls on their network?

16:03:18 up 63 days, 21:50, 2 users, load average: 0.21, 0.41, 0.66
09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

TheDragon

> Simply because I wonder how long something for nothing will last. That's
> all - and may I add that I'm perfectly happy with the service that I
> receive free from Sipgate!

Dont say that too loudly. Or it might break, so far the service is perfect.