Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The D3 Is So Good That Even A Moose Loves It!!

The D3 Is So Good That Even A Moose Loves It!!

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

Even at 14mm.

<http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>

Rita

JR

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

> Even at 14mm.
>
> <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>
>

> Rita

Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....

JR

frederick

JR wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Even at 14mm.
>>
>> <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>
>>

>> Rita

> Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
>
> JR

"If the D3 seems to have one stop advantage on its direct
competitor the 1DMkIII regarding noise, it seems that nearly
2 stops separate the D300 from its predecessor"
(Chasseur d'Images)

Annika1980

On Sep 18, 10:39 pm, JR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>

> Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
>
> JR

I think it actually has to come out before you can make that claim.
I wouldn't get too excited over the gleeful foaming of a paid Nikon
shill like Moose Peterson.

JR

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 10:39 pm, JR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > <http://www.moosepeterson.com/moosenews/>

> > Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
> >
> > JR

> I think it actually has to come out before you can make that claim.
> I wouldn't get too excited over the gleeful foaming of a paid Nikon
> shill like Moose Peterson.

I am going from the released pics and EVERY account I have seen (even a
few Canon guys ordering cameras)....Its not like Canon did and keep
upping the resolution, they upped the ISO usability to 25600 or
something crazy like that and then upped the dynamic range, so the image
quality is great....when you look at the specs you say, no biggie, but
when you see the images, its like whoa, thats stunning....Not bashing or
anything, its a great day for photogs...now Canon will have to answer,
and then Nikon answers, and the end result is we all get better tools to
work with.

JR

JR wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Its the best camera technology to come out on about 5 years....
>>>
>>> JR

>> I think it actually has to come out before you can make that claim.
>> I wouldn't get too excited over the gleeful foaming of a paid Nikon
>> shill like Moose Peterson.

> I am going from the released pics and EVERY account I have seen (even a
> few Canon guys ordering cameras)....Its not like Canon did and keep
> upping the resolution, they upped the ISO usability to 25600 or
> something crazy like that and then upped the dynamic range, so the image
> quality is great....when you look at the specs you say, no biggie, but
> when you see the images, its like whoa, thats stunning....Not bashing or
> anything, its a great day for photogs...now Canon will have to answer,
> and then Nikon answers, and the end result is we all get better tools to
> work with.

While I agree with you about each upping the other and we
consumers win, I'll challenge you on what ISO 25600 and other
huge claims like dynamic range. It's simple physics.
Photons are finite and cameras are quite predictable.
The D3 should plot close to the positions of the
Canon 1D Mark II and 5D at:
http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedeta...rmance.summary
(which is really good).

Roger