Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > PrepLogic Practice Exams

PrepLogic Practice Exams

=?Utf-8?B?cGV0ZTAwODU=?=

Anyone else have experience with the preplogic practice exams compared to the
actual exam?

I'm doing a self study through ther cds and material. I am finding that the
things covered on the cd often don't match the type of questions on the
practice exams.

There questions tend to be very specific and detailed, where in the
material, it is more general.

Anyone else have experience or agree with me on this?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=

I've used Preplogic products for several exams, but for the Microsoft exams,
you will want something that gives you exposure to the simulations as well.
I know Transcender and Pass4Sure give you this exposure. I'm not sure about
MeasureUp and SelfTest Software, but it would be worth some investigation. I
used a Preplogic product for 291 and didn't do so well the first time. After
that, I bought a Transcender product for that exam and found that more stuff
was covered with that product than other practice exams I tried. The
questions on the exam were very different (as they should be) from the
practice exam, but the knowledge gained from studying my butt off along with
the confidence gained by making sure I knew the information for the exam
allowed me to pass the exam on the second attempt. Since then I've used
Transcender products to ensure I'm ready to sit an exam and have passed every
exam since (so far) on the first attempt.

Preplogic, IMHO, has some very good products for CompTIA exams, but you'll
want something more "true to life" (without being a braindump of course!) for
the Microsoft exams.

Hope that helps!

--
Chance Webster
A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP , MCSA

"pete0085" wrote:

> Anyone else have experience with the preplogic practice exams compared to the
> actual exam?
>
> I'm doing a self study through ther cds and material. I am finding that the
> things covered on the cd often don't match the type of questions on the
> practice exams.
>
> There questions tend to be very specific and detailed, where in the
> material, it is more general.
>
> Anyone else have experience or agree with me on this?

=?Utf-8?B?cGV0ZTAwODU=?=

That helps a little. I don't mind the preplogic exams being hard, just
bothers me I paid for there MCSE series and wish they would go into more
detail.

For the things I don't know on the exams, it helps me focus on my weak areas
and read up on some things on technet.

I was considering buying a MSPress book for the 291 to go with the CD
materials. Once I take the 290 I will actually know the format of the exams
and it should help for future exams. I do have a lot of hands on experience
and have a lab at home with virtual pc which helps.

I think I'm just very nervous for whatever reason. I set up a domain for my
company, I should be good with everything, but it's the unknown of the test
and questions which gets me worried.

"Chance Webster" wrote:

> I've used Preplogic products for several exams, but for the Microsoft exams,
> you will want something that gives you exposure to the simulations as well.
> I know Transcender and Pass4Sure give you this exposure. I'm not sure about
> MeasureUp and SelfTest Software, but it would be worth some investigation. I
> used a Preplogic product for 291 and didn't do so well the first time. After
> that, I bought a Transcender product for that exam and found that more stuff
> was covered with that product than other practice exams I tried. The
> questions on the exam were very different (as they should be) from the
> practice exam, but the knowledge gained from studying my butt off along with
> the confidence gained by making sure I knew the information for the exam
> allowed me to pass the exam on the second attempt. Since then I've used
> Transcender products to ensure I'm ready to sit an exam and have passed every
> exam since (so far) on the first attempt.
>
> Preplogic, IMHO, has some very good products for CompTIA exams, but you'll
> want something more "true to life" (without being a braindump of course!) for
> the Microsoft exams.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> --
> Chance Webster
> A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP , MCSA
>

> "pete0085" wrote:
>
> > Anyone else have experience with the preplogic practice exams compared to the
> > actual exam?
> >
> > I'm doing a self study through ther cds and material. I am finding that the
> > things covered on the cd often don't match the type of questions on the
> > practice exams.
> >
> > There questions tend to be very specific and detailed, where in the
> > material, it is more general.
> >
> > Anyone else have experience or agree with me on this?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbmNlIFdlYnN0ZXI=?=

Yeah, I understand you your concern. Another thing that others suggested to
me were using the CBT Nuggets products. From what I've seen of the CCNA
series, they look dorky, but they are definitely intense. If you know anyone
who will let you borrow one or if you want to download one of their free
modules to check it out, it may be worth your time.

Each exam is definitely different and you may experience differences between
the different exams. I've been sitting for the MCSE exams every 2 to 3 weeks
for the last couple months (only 3 more left til MCSE /w Security! 270, 290,
291, 293, and 294 down) and I've found the variety of stuff that is tested
very interesting. Some has had to do with my job, some has had no practical
application to the organization I support, but it is all definitely important
if you need to interoperate with partner organizations or work in a worldwide
company. The practice exam material has really helped make sure I know the
material, but working in IT for a long time has helped too.

Nervousness is not a reason to avoid taking an exam. The only time you know
you're ready to sit an exam is when you actuall do and sigh with relief that
you passed and go on to the next one. (My version of a pep talk...sorry to
be so direct). The absolute worst thing that can happen is that you fail the
exam, so it's not a big deal..especially when you register for the Second
Shot promotion - that way IF you fail, it won't cost you any additional cash
for the second attempt. That should give you at least some peace of mind.
Now get out there and take the exam!

--

"pete0085" wrote:

> That helps a little. I don't mind the preplogic exams being hard, just
> bothers me I paid for there MCSE series and wish they would go into more
> detail.
>
> For the things I don't know on the exams, it helps me focus on my weak areas
> and read up on some things on technet.
>
> I was considering buying a MSPress book for the 291 to go with the CD
> materials. Once I take the 290 I will actually know the format of the exams
> and it should help for future exams. I do have a lot of hands on experience
> and have a lab at home with virtual pc which helps.
>
> I think I'm just very nervous for whatever reason. I set up a domain for my
> company, I should be good with everything, but it's the unknown of the test
> and questions which gets me worried.
>

> "Chance Webster" wrote:
>
> > I've used Preplogic products for several exams, but for the Microsoft exams,
> > you will want something that gives you exposure to the simulations as well.
> > I know Transcender and Pass4Sure give you this exposure. I'm not sure about
> > MeasureUp and SelfTest Software, but it would be worth some investigation. I
> > used a Preplogic product for 291 and didn't do so well the first time. After
> > that, I bought a Transcender product for that exam and found that more stuff
> > was covered with that product than other practice exams I tried. The
> > questions on the exam were very different (as they should be) from the
> > practice exam, but the knowledge gained from studying my butt off along with
> > the confidence gained by making sure I knew the information for the exam
> > allowed me to pass the exam on the second attempt. Since then I've used
> > Transcender products to ensure I'm ready to sit an exam and have passed every
> > exam since (so far) on the first attempt.
> >
> > Preplogic, IMHO, has some very good products for CompTIA exams, but you'll
> > want something more "true to life" (without being a braindump of course!) for
> > the Microsoft exams.
> >
> > Hope that helps!
> >
> > --
> > Chance Webster
> > A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP , MCSA
> >

> > "pete0085" wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone else have experience with the preplogic practice exams compared to the
> > > actual exam?
> > >
> > > I'm doing a self study through ther cds and material. I am finding that the
> > > things covered on the cd often don't match the type of questions on the
> > > practice exams.
> > >
> > > There questions tend to be very specific and detailed, where in the
> > > material, it is more general.
> > >
> > > Anyone else have experience or agree with me on this?

PrepLogic practice Exam included with 70-316 Kalani Book Collin Heggerud MCSD 2 06-26-2009 05:18 PM
PrepLogic Practice Exams Mike MCSA 4 04-14-2005 06:31 AM
preplogic test in QUE examCram by Gunderloy? developingweb MCSD 0 10-30-2004 05:23 PM
bogus questions on PrepLogic Tina MCSD 3 10-11-2004 11:24 PM

Advertisments