Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > ISA 2000- Configuring the two network cards...

ISA 2000- Configuring the two network cards...

=?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

and regarding the timeout problem, it is actually happened when i configured
the internal network with the IP I mentioned in my first question ".

regards,
--
SPARTAN 2006

"LRM" wrote:

> "SPARTAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Cool! I like these lins dear LRM and regarding your curious I can tell
> > that
> > the budget push me to still use ISA 2000 as I have it before...
> >
> > More clarification:
> >
> > I installed the Standard editon of the ISA 2000.
> >
> > I have read somwhere that if I want the ISA to do its job I should prompt
> > it
> > to a DC!!!!
> >
> > What I know that it is okay to install the ISA if it is standard editon on
> > stand alone server which not necessary to be a DC, right?
> >

> In your original post you wanted to know how to fix your timeout problem.
> You seemed to be wanting your isa server to be an RRAS server. Is that the
> case? if so I provided a link in my previous post that helps you do that.
>
> Continue reading in TechNet and you will find the answer to the other
> questions you asked. I would not deploy isa server on a DC without a really
> good reason. Again, please post your questions in the other newsgroup I
> mentioned in the previous post. They live for ISA server in that group.
> Good luck

TechGeekPro

On Dec 22, 2005 at 5:44pm "SPARTAN" blathered:

> No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as today...

So it is NOT a Microsoft Small Business Server 2003?

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

TechGeekPro

On Dec 22, 2005 at 5:44pm "SPARTAN" blathered:

> No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as today...

Jan Brady: Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or
how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

TechGeekPro

On Dec 23, 2005 at 12:06am "TechGeekPro" blathered:

> On Dec 22, 2005 at 5:44pm "SPARTAN" blathered:
>
>> No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as
>> today...

> Jan Brady: Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at
> this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Ooops. Posted to the wrong thread. My bad.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=

Eh. I don't know much about ISA, havn't even looked at it before, but here
are a few tips.

1. Make sure your ISA server is acting as a router (ip forwarding...)

It sounds like it cannot route from one network card to the other. When you
ping fro the server it is going out the internal NIC, when you ping from a
host you are going to the internal NIC and the server is not routing it to
the external NIC.

2. Check your server's default gateway is the external NIC

Do a "route print" from the command line, you will see your default gateway
listed there. If it is incorrect delete route 0.0.0.0 then assign a static
persistent route for 0.0.0.0 out the correct card. If you only have one
internal network this will be sufficient, if not you will need to add static
routes for the other internal networks as your server will now try get to
them out the external NIC and end up in limbo.

3. Configure DHCP so your hosts use your server's internal NIC as their
default gateway.

Hope that gets you going.

Colin