Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: Don't understand this

OT: Don't understand this

mrcakey

While searching for something else (what order images are loaded from an
HTML document), found this:

http://www.websitedatabases.com/html-to-php.html

I have no idea what this could do other than stick your HTML inside a big
echo statement and save it as PHP, but since it seems to be aimed at
professionals it must do something useful.

+mrcakey

Travis Newbury

On Sep 17, 6:15 am, "mrcakey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> While searching for something else (what order images are loaded from an
> HTML document), found this:
> http://www.websitedatabases.com/html-to-php.html
> I have no idea what this could do other than stick your HTML inside a big
> echo statement and save it as PHP, but since it seems to be aimed at
> professionals it must do something useful.

I think the only useful thing it does is increase their bank account.

Harlan Messinger

mrcakey wrote:
> While searching for something else (what order images are loaded from an
> HTML document), found this:
>
> http://www.websitedatabases.com/html-to-php.html
>
> I have no idea what this could do other than stick your HTML inside a big
> echo statement and save it as PHP, but since it seems to be aimed at
> professionals it must do something useful.

It's even simpler with ASP: change the extension of the file name from
..htm or .html to .asp, and you're done.

Andy Dingley

On 17 Sep, 11:15, "mrcakey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have no idea what this could do other than stick your HTML inside a big
> echo statement and save it as PHP,

>From their site:
>> You can easily encrypt any HTML documents

So if you fell for the "serve HTML as a JavaScript self-expander"
foolishness because you think it's "encrypted", then you'll probably
fall for this "HTML => PHP" converter too.

And as the Manics put it, "if you tolerate this, then your children
will be next..."

Harlan Messinger

Harlan Messinger wrote:
> mrcakey wrote:
>> While searching for something else (what order images are loaded from
>> an HTML document), found this:
>>
>> http://www.websitedatabases.com/html-to-php.html
>>
>> I have no idea what this could do other than stick your HTML inside a
>> big echo statement and save it as PHP, but since it seems to be aimed
>> at professionals it must do something useful.

> It's even simpler with ASP: change the extension of the file name from
> .htm or .html to .asp, and you're done.

I wrote to ask what this product does for $19.95 when going from HTML to
ASP is as simple as changing the file's extension. The response was
"download the test version". I wrote back that I wasn't interested in
the product if they refused to answer a simple question about what it
does in writing.