Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adobe Lightroom price?

Adobe Lightroom price?

brother

The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
is 211.62p
If they send it on disc it is 205.62p

What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?

What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
around 150.

I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped off.

ray

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:

> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
> is £211.62p
> If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
>
> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
>
> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
> around £150.
>
> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped off.

So, have you tried GIMP?

Pete D

"ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:
>
>> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
>> is 211.62p
>> If they send it on disc it is 205.62p
>>
>> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
>>
>> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
>> around 150.
>>
>> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped
>> off.

> So, have you tried GIMP?

Many have and have found it wanting, I know I have!

Pete D

"ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:
>
>> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
>> is 211.62p
>> If they send it on disc it is 205.62p
>>
>> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
>>
>> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
>> around 150.
>>
>> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped
>> off.

> So, have you tried GIMP?

Gimp is not a replacement for LR.

ray

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 06:34:01 +1000, Pete D wrote:

> "ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:
>>
>>> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
>>> is £211.62p
>>> If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
>>>
>>> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
>>>
>>> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
>>> around £150.
>>>
>>> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped
>>> off.

>> So, have you tried GIMP?
>>

> Many have and have found it wanting, I know I have!

Exactly why I suggested trying it rather than recommend it as a
replacement. You don't know until you try. It fits my rather modest needs.

ScrewAdobe

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
>is 211.62p
>If they send it on disc it is 205.62p
>
>What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
>
>What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
>around 150.
>
> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped off.

Then use RAW Therapee from www.rawtherapee.com It's only $5 donation-ware, and
does more and does it WAY better than Lightroom.

deryck lant

The message <(E-Mail Removed)>
from brother <(E-Mail Removed)> contains these words:

> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
> is 211.62p
> If they send it on disc it is 205.62p

159.98 Amazon.co.uk

Deryck